av amp decision

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all looking to get a hd amp been looking along the lines of a yamaha z7 or similar which can be bought for about £1300 i have also seen a onkyo 3007 for about £1000 boxed and unopened but cannot find many reviews on this does anybody have one of these or have any thoughts on it only have an audio t in cardiff and have neither amps to demo thanks Garry

garrynic:Hi all looking to get a hd amp been looking along the lines of a yamaha z7 or similar which can be bought for about £1300 i have also seen a onkyo 3007 for about £1000 boxed and unopened but cannot find many reviews on this does anybody have one of these or have any thoughts on it only have an audio t in cardiff and have neither amps to demo thanks Garry

Hi Garry

At the moment i will highly recommend the DSP-Z7. Imo the DSP-Z7 is the finest VFM AV amplifier currently avaialble on the market irrespective of price (even at its full RRP of £1960). At the prices DSP-Z7's are generally availble for at the moment makes the Yamaha a bargain.

Besides which for me Yamaha inspires confidence.

Btw, what other components will you be using?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Rick i am considering the yamaha above anything else because of the price it is selling for and have heared quite a lot of people are having some problems with the onkyos overheating etc the other components are in my signature thanks again Garry

garrynic:Thanks for the advice Rick i am considering the yamaha above anything else because of the price it is selling for and have heared quite a lot of people are having some problems with the onkyos overheating etc the other components are in my signature thanks again Garry

Hi Garry

Your welcome.

Leaving reliability issues aside of the Onkyo's i genuinely believe the DSP-Z7 to be superior and if you do go for the DSP-Z7 i think you'll enjoy its performance for many years to come.

I touched upon this in my previous post in that the one thing which i have learnt over the years is when it comes to AV amps in particular (i don't say this likely) Yamaha inspires confidence.
emotion-1.gif

Btw, i have a number clients in your part of the country who are happy with their DSP-Z7's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts