Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new turntable with auto return and that delivers a great sound. I've been told the Teac tn300 has the auto return but I can't find any website or video that could confirm that. Is there someone who knows if it has this feature?

Also, any thoughts on the Denon dp300f, Marantz tt42p and Thorens td 170? Those are automatic turntables that I consider if the Teac doesn't work.

Thanks!

Welcome Pierre,

The TEAC is a manual turntable, as I ascertained from a few websites with pictures and specs.

Regret I have no experience of the others, but I wonder why you consider auto lift so important as it severely limits your options, and often comes with poorer performance.

dtmark

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
While I wouldn't want to see any money put into a a motorised fully automated mechanism, as that money could go on more useful things, I can see the point of a simple mechanical "auto lift" at the end especially for people who have a tendency to fall asleep while listening. Not that I'm suggesting the OP does.

I'd never thought about this before, but it does make me wonder why such a simple thing isn't commonplace.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Handy to have and some TT's use a non-invasive system which does not affect audio.

I can give you examples s/h but unfortunately don't know anything about the models you mention.

chebby said:
It's an open secret that the Dual CS-505-4 is still made, brand-new (in Germany) ...

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B000SN9ZIC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It has auto-lift / auto-stop at the end-of side.

It's also a pretty good turntable and has been for almost 40 years!

Yes. I had the 504-2 for years.

This is likely to be much better than anything with auto-return built in. Not too sue why OP would want that anyway as it's just something else to go wrong. :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
chebby said:
It's an open secret that the Dual CS-505-4 is still made, brand-new (in Germany) ...

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B000SN9ZIC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It has auto-lift / auto-stop at the end-of side.

It's also a pretty good turntable and has been for almost 40 years!

Yes. I had the 504-2 for years.

This is likely to be much better than anything with auto-return built in. Not too sue why OP would want that anyway as it's just something else to go wrong. :)

I have a Thorens 115 which has a non-audio-invasive auto-stop and has been working faultless for decades but agree, for the OP's budget, a Project Genie Carbon would probably be a better bet if buying new is paramount.

nopiano said:
Regret I have no experience of the others, but I wonder why you consider auto lift so important as it severely limits your options, and often comes with poorer performance.

I tend to listen to music when I fall asleep, so I would rather not have to get up at the end of the records. I therefore don't mind a slightly poorer sound or value to get this feature. Would sure go with something like a debut carbon if performance was the only concern.

drummerman said:
Handy to have and some TT's use a non-invasive system which does not affect audio.

I can give you examples s/h but unfortunately don't know anything about the models you mention.

Glad to know that such mechanisms would not affect the audio quality. What other models did you think of?

Thanks a lot!

Was going to mention Dual myself, as I still own a fully automatic CS601, so am well aware of the benefits - but had no idea they still made them. It was one of very few high performance units that happened to offer automation. The simpler ones just lifted at the end, which is all you need!

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Pierre-Olivier Hébert said:
nopiano said:

I tend to listen to music when I fall asleep,

This reminds me of when I was a teenager, I used to come home from work knackered, put an LP on lie on my bed and go to sleep, side 1 would end the music stopped, wake up, turn LP over, back on bed and back to sleep, repeat until landing light flashed which meant dinner time.

Rock on!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:

Glad to know that such mechanisms would not affect the audio quality. What other models did you think of?

Thanks a lot!

I use several TT's (not all at the same time but they all get an outing every few months).

Thorens TD115, Technics SL10/SL7/SL6 and a Sony front loader.

The Thorens is semi automatic but you can turn the feature off if not needed. Non-invasive. The Technic's are all fully automatic and the 6 even has track programming :)

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new turntable with auto return and that delivers a great sound. I've been told the Teac tn300 has the auto return but I can't find any website or video that could confirm that. Is there someone who knows if it has this feature?

Also, any thoughts on the Denon dp300f, Marantz tt42p and Thorens td 170? Those are automatic turntables that I consider if the Teac doesn't work.

Thanks!

As suggested have you considered using a decent deck with a http://www.thequp.com/ ??

TRENDING THREADS