Auto Calibration Type on Sony STR-DA2400ES????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Forgive me iif I am about to apear dumb, but what exactly does Sony mean when it asks to selcet Auto Calibration Type?
What should I be selecting when I am using Q Acoustic 1000 5.1?
Any other advice on the setting up of this amp to improve performance greatly appricated

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Auto calibration just means that your receiver will set up all speaker levels and so forth automatically for you. A microphone should have been supplied with the amp which you need to place around your normal listening area( where you sit) and then you hit the 'yes' command with the remote. Leave the room and you should hear a set of test tones which will set up your speakers automatically.

A

Anonymous

Yes this I do understand and have completed & once saved only then does it asks Auto Calibration Type Full flat, Engineeer ,Refrence or Off?

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
pdd001:Yes this I do understand and have completed & once saved only then does it asks Auto Calibration Type Full flat, Engineeer ,Refrence or Off?

It explains the different types in the manual, caught me out for a second when I ran the setup also.

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
the manual is online somewhere. From memory i think the 'reference' supposedly matches the characteristics of Sony's reference theatre.

I was impressed by the distance measurements from the auto calibration (except for the sub which it thought was about twice as far away as reality) but ended up editing them for a wider viewing area rather than a single seat. It made all of my speakers 'large' so i switched all but the front Left and Right to small but still useful.

I'm really impressed with the Sony amp so far. Good sound, easy to use (once i'd got my Harmony programmed), plays nice with everything else.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
b33k34:
the manual is online somewhere. From memory i think the 'reference' supposedly matches the characteristics of Sony's reference theatre.

I was impressed by the distance measurements from the auto calibration (except for the sub which it thought was about twice as far away as reality) but ended up editing them for a wider viewing area rather than a single seat. It made all of my speakers 'large' so i switched all but the front Left and Right to small but still useful.

I'm really impressed with the Sony amp so far. Good sound, easy to use (once i'd got my Harmony programmed), plays nice with everything else.

Just wondered how you went about editing the measurements for a wider audience? I know the calibration includes 3 seating positions, but I think that you can just switch between these and not make them inclusive into a larger listening audience area.

Thanks

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Our room is a bit awkward and the screen is in a corner. The auto-calibration set the front speakers accurately for my seat but not meant that the "off-centreness" of the others was exacerbated.

I set all the three front speakers at the same distance and adjusted the surrounds so that one side was closer than the other - basically a compromise to give all our main seating positions about the same experience (though none perfect)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts