audyssey has me confused

A

Anderson

I'm not sure about audyssey.

When I first got the amp set up I ran through the calibration with the included mic. I set audyssey to flat curve, dynamic volume off and it didn't sound bad.

Then I discovered extra setting like Movie Stereo, Music Stereo and direct. For reference I'm only running 2 speakers. In all honesty I found it very difficult to detect any difference between the Music and Film setting (if any). The end result of me not having a clue what audyssey was doing is that I turned it off altogether.

Can anyone offer some advice on what the different setting mean, the manual had no useful info about the differences.

A

Anderson

I think it's a Denon 2100w.

FYI for the hell of it I switched Audyssey back on. For clarity I understand how Audyssey works in regards to trying to achieve target curve ie reference or flat/music but.... On the remote there is buttons at the bottom labelled Movie, Music, Game and Direct.

If I go into each menu I get; stereo, Multi Channel in, Multi Channel Stereo, Matric etc. My brain is getting confused because I understand these menus are to do with surround set up. Some of the menus repeat under Movie, Music and Game. Help!

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got Audyssey in a 5.1 setup. It seems to boost or cut certain frequencies to make the sound more exciting.

The different presets seem to affect how the sound is distributed around the speakers, particularly the front three. So you may not notice a difference with only 2. To my ears, the Movie setting puts more emphasis on the centre channel, while Music pushes sound out left and right a bit more.

Direct mode, or pure mode, turns off all the EQ and passes signal through as is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts