Audiolab Repair Problem

Ellymental

May 17, 2009
Visit site
I bought an Audiolab 8000AP around 4 years ago... and it just died.

No problem, I think, and found the Audiolab dealer in New Zealand ( moved here from UK) and send it off for repair.

I had it returned after it had been looked at saying it couldn't be repaired as the part (HDMI board) is no longer available.

The box is only 4 years old !

I wrote to Audiolab UK, and posted comments via their website asking for help/advice ( maybe they have a few spare parts around)... and have had no reply.

I was a bit narked the box died..... but not being able to get it repaired means i have to throw it ?

Any advice please ? ( apart from 'Shouldnt have bought an Audiolab etc). Is this a known issue with them ?

I may also be in the market for a new Audio 5.1 pre/processor... any suggestions?

Cheers

Elle

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
With the rapid changes in HDMI technology it may just be you're out of luck unless Audiolab has a stock of spare parts - that may be unlikely as they don't manufacture in house.

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Find yourself a new processor. I saw one the 8000AP in store here in Jakarta with very low price if you're still into 8000AP & may keep the old one as spare parts.

matthewpiano

Audiolab/IAG and/or the dealer you purchased it from should replace it. They have a duty to ensure parts availability for 6 or 7 years (can't remember the exact figure) after they last stop making a product.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Audiolab/IAG and/or the dealer you purchased it from should replace it. They have a duty to ensure parts availability for 6 or 7 years (can't remember the exact figure) after they last stop making a product.

Are you referring to the Sale of Goods Act?

I understand that the OP has moved to NZ from the UK if so that maybe a problem. Yes his contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer, so he should contact them first.

Ellymental

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info...

I thought it may be an idea to ask Audiolab directly re parts availability or whether its possible to fix the duff board by replacing/resoldering a component or two etc. Its the HDMI board thats gone, ironic, as i was only using it for Audio processing, however all the digital inputs are on it.

I have tried to contact Audiolab via the UK service centre, and have also left comments via their website... no response....

I am in NZ now, so shipping it back to the UK is not cheap, I was just surprised that the box can't be fixed and spares arent held. I probably wont ever buy an Audiolab again if this is the way they approach spares/repairs/customer service... not happy.

Ho hum... anyone need a doorstop ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts