Audiolab Omnia

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
I have waited a long time (over a year as this article suggests) for WHF to review this product with my interest being piqued because it promised to be all things to all people at a price which seems good value compared to much of the UK designed competition. With it being based largely on other Audiolab 5 star components I assumed it could only be excellent sonically. Yet, to WHF’s ears at least, I get the impression they feel it falls someway short, which is a big surprise. I just wonder why the SQ from the whole seems less than the sum of its parts, especially when everything else seems so well thought out?

listenclosely

Jan 24, 2024
Visit site
I have waited a long time (over a year as this article suggests) for WHF to review this product with my interest being piqued because it promised to be all things to all people at a price which seems good value compared to much of the UK designed competition. With it being based largely on other Audiolab 5 star components I assumed it could only be excellent sonically. Yet, to WHF’s ears at least, I get the impression they feel it falls someway short, which is a big surprise. I just wonder why the SQ from the whole seems less than the sum of its parts, especially when everything else seems so well thought out?
Having had the Omnia for two months I have to say I'm impressed at £700. I replaced an Arcam Solo Music and the Omnia is more detailed with well controlled bass. The phono input is very good, the cd player too is excellent. OK the DTS play fi is a concern but is much improved, Ive used a Wiim pro to great effect through a digital input. It gets a big thumbs up from me!

listenclosely

Jan 24, 2024
Visit site
Maybe because the 6000A, which is basically the same amplifier that is found in this, is actually pretty dull sounding.
Having had the Omnia for two months I have to say I'm impressed at £700. I replaced an Arcam Solo Music and the Omnia is more detailed with well controlled bass. The phono input is very good, the cd player too is excellent. OK the DTS play fi is a concern but is much improved, Ive used a Wiim pro to great effect through a digital input. It gets a big thumbs up from me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts