Audiolab 8200CDQ and AKG K701

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone

Until I can commit to my first set of seperates, I am considering various approaches.

What are peoples thoughts on hooking up an Audiolab CDQ and a set of AKG K701 headphoes. This should cost me @£1100 which is do-able. I then have two nice pieces of kit for which to add on to once I have the cash. I have considered getting a full set of seperates for £1-1.5k but I quite fancy the idea of something a bit better, even though I won't have speakers and a power amp.

Any advice on this idea would be much appreciated.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Your general strategy is fine... I did that with my K701 and a Benchmark DAC1... However, I've never tried an Audiolab product, so I can't comment on how good the combo will sound...

A

Anonymous

Why not get a decent headphone amp and use your Classic as a source?

If you do get the Audiolab get a headphone amp anyway to bring out the best of whichever cans you choose (and do demo).

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys!

What are your opinions on the AKG K701'ss. I have considered Grado's but the AKG look mint. Am I sacrificing sound quality for style?

A

Anonymous

My thoughts are that no-one will be able to help you, since the Audiolab has only just been released. Whenever it is, take your headphones along to the shop and have a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts