Audiolab 8200 CD vs. Arcam RDAC

Skov

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I use an Apple TV connected to an Arcam Rdac for stereolistening through my Pioneer LX 82 surroundreciever. I am considering replacing the RDAC with an Audiolab 8200 CD, or maybe a Audiolab 8200 CDQ, partly to get the headphoneoutput in the Audiolab.
Would it improve the sound enough to justify the investment ?
Would the extra cost by adding the preamplifier in the CDQ be worth the extra 200 £ ?
Have a nice day everyone !

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
the rDac is very good value - i owned one and it compared really well to my Arcam CD36 at the time. whilst i have since tweaked my own system i think switching to the audiolab cd isnt going to get a huge improvement in sound at least (but will of course give you the cd player element)

if you want improved stereo sound for music then i would get a dedicated integrated stereo amplifier with your money which would outsmart the av receiver - however if you need a cd player anyway then the audiolab cdq is worth a look

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
i have a musical fidelity v-dac atm .. just started saving for teh audiolab 8200cdq .. been wondering about the rdac as well .

which is best ? i use my sen hd600 through a nad 315bee and mostly have ripped music to pc at windows lossless

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
i have a musical fidelity v-dac atm .. just started saving for teh audiolab 8200cdq .. been wondering about the rdac as well .

which is best ? i use my sen hd600 through a nad 315bee and mostly have ripped music to pc at windows lossless

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Skov said:
Hi I use an Apple TV connected to an Arcam Rdac for stereolistening through my Pioneer LX 82 surroundreciever. I am considering replacing the RDAC with an Audiolab 8200 CD, or maybe a Audiolab 8200 CDQ, partly to get the headphoneoutput in the Audiolab. Would it improve the sound enough to justify the investment ? Would the extra cost by adding the preamplifier in the CDQ be worth the extra 200 £ ? Have a nice day everyone !

Guess it would depend onthe rest of your system, the Pre amp in the CDQ is very nice, and combined with a good power amp will produce good results, try and get a demo because only you can tell if it is worth the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts