Audiolab 8200 amp noise normal?

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought a new 8200P and will buy 8200M in exchange to a pair of mono amps from Audiolab i had.There is some noticeable hum from the device,I have changed/tried with different powercords and in other rooms with sockets.The hum is at highest when you turn the device on.Also it gets warmer than I think it is normal.Also there is some hiss at the speakers when the system is powered and signal muted.

All this wasn´t with the mono amps,so what do you think,is there something wrong with it?I tend to bring it back.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I would take it back, that is not normal.

However, you can try some harmless troubleshooting on your own.

You can measure DC offset with your multimeter on the speaker terminals and see if it's under 20mV.

Can you borrow a voltage stabilizer or UPS to plug the amp in and see if that helps? If there is DC coming from your mains socket, it should help and clean it up and run pure AC to your amp.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reply,the hum comes from the amp like bad powersources in computers and the hiss comes from the speakers.I think I will return the amp,doesn´t make sense to do any measurements or tests since it is a new device and I tried different power sockets,its def. the amp..If said that is normal i will return since it is annoying.Although it goes under when played music or movies,which is bought for,I am very sensible on such things and don´t think to be happy on long term as I know that it hums and make hiss.

plasterman

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have an 8200p and it hums, doesn't get warm or hiss through speakers. I've had it over a year and it works fine. You can hear the hum in a completely quiet room, at low volume you don't hear it. It seems that this is a common occurrence with this amp. I still like the amp though.

TRENDING THREADS