Audioengine A5+ alternative

Atto

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I feel abit out of my depth in this forum off audiophiles as Im not very knowledgable but i love music and am keen to learn. My first post is to ask advice about some speakers im considering buying. audioengine A5+. my needs are

- stereo speakers.

- that I will run on bluetooth from a mac.

- i have no amp so 'active' seemed a simple answer though if active compromise greatly on power and quality for the convenience I'd go for and bluetooth amp and speaker combo for about the same price.

- i will use the speakers for 90% music (then the odd film on low so extreme base wouldn't be an issue and I'm not fussed about cinema suround etc).

- I like power ,clear punchy base, sharp treble and clarity.

Is what im looking at a good idea? if not some advice of other active speakers or a blue tooth amp and speaker combo for around £350 would be massively valued. Many thanks for any help.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Atto said:
Hi, I feel abit out of my depth in this forum off audiophiles as Im not very knowledgable but i love music and am keen to learn. My first post is to ask advice about some speakers im considering buying. audioengine A5+. my needs are

- stereo speakers.

- that I will run on bluetooth from a mac.

- i have no amp so 'active' seemed a simple answer though if active compromise greatly on power and quality for the convenience I'd go for and bluetooth amp and speaker combo for about the same price.

- i will use the speakers for 90% music (then the odd film on low so extreme base wouldn't be an issue and I'm not fussed about cinema suround etc).

- I like power ,clear punchy base, sharp treble and clarity.

Is what im looking at a good idea? if not some advice of other active speakers or a blue tooth amp and speaker combo for around £350 would be massively valued. Many thanks for any help.

Hi Atto.

Given that Bluetooth is not that well implemented on a Mac, I have to ask why you are not using Airplay or even a wired usb connection.

A little more detail on the way you want to run the system would not go amiss.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts