Audio Technica ATH-Pro500MK2 or Denon AH-D320

idpsharma

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to buy headphones with good sound quality. After reading a lot of reviews on internet/Forums i have zeroed on to couple of headphones i mentioned above. I need expert reviews on which among them are good enough that has real good sound quality. When I say sound quality I prefer Solid-Punchy bass, clear mids & highs. I like to hear all the instruments/sounds clearly with solid bass. I enjoy sounds with good bass which is not overwhelming or booming and does not dominate mids & highs. I listen to all kinds of genres especially Trance, Club, Dance, Pop, Hip-hop, Rock, Classic, and sometimes Metal. My budget is max INR 8k (USD 130)

Can anyone suggest me a pair of good headphones as per my taste? and advise which among the two headphones (Audio Technica ATH-Pro500MK2 or Denon AH-D320) are the best? I can extend my budget a little, if the headphones are really worth something like Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.

Note: I am currently using JBL J55, which has good bass, decent mids, recessed highs. These headsets are good but i need better sound quality than these headphones. I usually listen to music either on PC, Laptop, Android Mobile. So other than sound quality my second preferences would be comfort, build, looks.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Both good, but see if you can get the discontinued M50 on the cheap. You can in the UK, not sure about where you live though.

Rebecca G

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
sorry friend I do not really understand the technical issues, but about a week ago I bought the Denon AH-D320BU and I am very satisfied, for details and prices you can see on amazon
o.png

idpsharma

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Joel & Rebecca. I welcome more suggestions on other headphones too, but please provide your suggestions as per my preference of listening. And if anybody wants to suggest any one among the both I've mentioned above, which one do you suggest and why?

Regarding Denon AH-D320, i read somewhere that it emphasises more on Bass (good bass), but iam not clear on how it performs when it comes to clear mids & highs, i mean does this headphone perform well for all kind of genres or is it only limited to hip-hop, trance, club? And also if some one can throw more light on AT ATH-Pro500MK2 that would be great.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The Pro500Mk2 is essentially a very good DJ headphone. My preference, given your music taste would be for one of the AIAIAI TMA-1 series of headphones. Funnily enough I have very similar taste to you by the looks of things and I have one of these myself. I've heard many many headphones and these did the trick for me. If however, my taste was different then I would have chosen something different. Basically they have very deep, but very tight, punchy bass and a good range throughout the rest of the frequency spectrum. If you went for something like Beats then they have an overblown bass to the detriment of everything else. With A-T, AIAIAI, Musical Fidelity and others you will get good quality sound as that is what the manufacturers aim for rather than fashion. Also worth considering for your taste is Reloop, in particular the RHP-20 and 30. Again, professional kit that works very well indeed.

idpsharma

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Joel. I never heard of the headphones you mentioned, I checked on net and they seems to be interesting especially Reloop. They are lil above my budget and I doubt if I can get them in India.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
idpsharma said:
Thanks Joel. I never heard of the headphones you mentioned, I checked on net and they seems to be interesting especially Reloop. They are lil above my budget and I doubt if I can get them in India.

I'd recommend the king of headphones, crowdsourced at head-fi -- the v-moda M100.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts