audio technica at95e vs ortofon 2m blue on rega p3/24

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I like the Ortofon sound.

Neutral, clear and well balanced. Although I dont have the blue I use a VMS20MKII which also has a nude elliptical. I believe both are Moving Iron rather than MM designs.

Good trackers too.

Can't comment on the AT unfortunately.

regards

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
There is quite a big difference in price between the two, the AT95E being substantially cheaper. At it's price point the AT95E is very hard to beat but the more expensive Ortofon is a better tracker and beats it on sound quality.

Gaz1979

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up a at95e for my RP3 and had to send it back due to the cartridge dragging on the actual record. Read a few people having the same issue recently too. I went for the Nagaoka MP110 in the end and really like the sound, and seems to be highly thought of on some forums. Worth considering.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Gaz1979 said:
I recently picked up a at95e for my RP3 and had to send it back due to the cartridge dragging on the actual record. Read a few people having the same issue recently too. I went for the Nagaoka MP110 in the end and really like the sound, and seems to be highly thought of on some forums. Worth considering.

i have the at95e on my RP3 without any problems?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts