Audio quandary

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, my 32 inch LCD TV, including its attached stand, is approximately 200mm deep but the sound is awful. I want to put a small hifi system under it which would play CDs, and mp3s and connect to the line outputs of the TV. I also want a DAB/FM radio included. However I would like a system that has only two full range HiFi speakers ( no large sub-woofers please) that can fit on a shelf under the TV but not stick out beyond it. I have looked at Onkyo, Teac, etc. but their main systems are too deep at 300+mm. Why do the manufacturers make mini systems that stick out far beyond the ultra-thin TVs? I am sure that a lot of people want to reduce the depth of their systems and use the extra width that is now available under modern TVs for their sound system. Anyone have any ideas?

Johnee

A

Anonymous

First up, are you sure your TV has line outs? Sometimes the red and white phono connectors on TVs are actually line ins. Even if that is the case though, you could run a line out from the headphone socket I guess.

Secondly, what's your budget?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
You will find that the Denon DM37 is the least deep of the current range of decent micro-systems. About 4 to 5 cms less than the Onkyo and Teac.

I know this because I had problems trying to find a system that would fit on a shelf without looking really 'naff' with it sticking out over the front. Luckily the DM37 came out just as I was thinking of giving up the search.

Can't think of anything else other than a micro all in one which would give you what you want in the way of DAB, mp3, CD etc.

Perhaps a trawl through ebay or the like might throw something up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts