Audio problems with UK total recall bluray

gar1975

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Not sure this was the right place to post, so excuse me if i have posted this incorrectly...

i have been trying to watch the bluray of the latest total recall film, but its unwatchable due to constant audio drop outs & it also keeps dropping out of sync with the picture.... a mate just called me to ask about it, as his is doing the same.... is anyone else out there having similar problems? has there been any sort of announcement regarding this?

Hi gar1975

I've had no issues with my Blu Ray copy of Total Recall using Yamaha's BD-S1900 & Aventage BD-A1020 Blu Ray players with an Aventage RX-A3020 (HDMI) & Chord Electronics DSP8000 AV processor (fibre optic).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

gar1975

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
My player is the pioneer lx-71 my brothers is a panasonic, not sure of model number. both fully updated with latest software. we both got the steelbook edition from hmv. since posting on here i did some searching and found that there are a lot of people having problems & not just in the UK... i would post the link to the forum but not sure that is allowed on here? the only advice i could find was having to switch player to PCM... in my eyes, thats still a fault & i will be returning the disc to hmv today...

A

Anonymous

Guys can any one help me?? i have a sony bdps 570 and everything else plays as 5.1 however the new Total Recall will only play left and right front speakers in TrueHD 5.1. however will gladly play in 5.1 if i switch to audio descriptive . that is the 2nd selection on the audio. i know i have an old amp Sony str-db940 but everything else i have plays as 5.1 ?? Bought the new Batman movie and that works fine

Any suggestions? or is this just another fault as per the drop out mentioned earlier.

Thanks for any help ....

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem with the audio but found if I switch my blu-ray player audio output to PCM I was able to watch the movie perfectly fine. It seems to be a problem with the true HD audio track itself. Hope this helps

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Rick1632 said:
I had the same problem with the audio but found if I switch my blu-ray player audio output to PCM I was able to watch the movie perfectly fine. It seems to be a problem with the true HD audio track itself. Hope this helps

Same as above

A

Anonymous

Ive also had sound problems playing Total Recall Blu-ray disc ,on my Cambridge 751 player , sent it back , new disc also same fault. but plays ok om my old Pioneer bdp 80 strange ...:wall:

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Rented it last week and had exactly the same problem. sound dropping out for long periods and quite a few times it dropped out for a split second. Skipping back a chapter seemed to bring the sound back.

Very annoying, glad it was only a rental (not worth buying anyway - Best bit was the super hot Kate Beckinsale :) )

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Put this on tonight having rented from lovefilm. Sputtering / jumping sound - was about to start cleaning the disc and then had a vague memory of this thread. Switching to PCM did indeed solve the problem, so thanks all :) Film not great but given how much I love the original it had to be watched.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Would appear to be affecting some but not others, maybe an early production batch. It'll keep happening as people like me (!) won't bother to report it to lovefilm and the next person to get it will have the same problem if they bitstream.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
duaplex said:
Watched this a few weeks ago, no issues on the LX54.

Very much doubt this is a player issue. My firmware is up to date and I've never have a problem with another disc, so it seems too much of a coincidence that others have had problems with this disc too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts