Audio Pro Living LV3 - Any experience?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Very intriguing product with a potential to eliminated my DAC, Integrated amp, Cables, current speakers etc.

Does any one have experience with this / demoed this?

http://www.audiopro.com/node/138

Just to be clear, I am interested to know more about Floorstanding 3-way active speakers (Wireless is taking one step further) so all the discussions realted AVI HiFi released products can be excluded!

Please write in.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
WishTree said:
Very intriguing product with a potential to eliminated my DAC, Integrated amp, Cables, current speakers etc.

Does any one have experience with this / demoed this?

http://www.audiopro.com/node/138

Just to be clear, I am interested to know more about Floorstanding 3-way active speakers (Wireless is taking one step further) so all the discussions realted AVI HiFi released products can be excluded!

Please write in.

There's a shop just up the road from me that sells them (I'm in Sweden), and the LV2 standmounts. I fancy having a listen soon, so I'll get back on that one if I do (and remember). A friend of a friend just bought 2 pairs of LV2s and thinks they are great.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
fr0g said:
There's a shop just up the road from me that sells them (I'm in Sweden), and the LV2 standmounts. I fancy having a listen soon, so I'll get back on that one if I do (and remember). A friend of a friend just bought 2 pairs of LV2s and thinks they are great.

I am not too sure what I could do to remind you to remember but I hope you do remember and please just have a listen to them. Also, I am not too sure how the reflective nature of these speakers is going to work out but given there are three tweeters, I am hoping it would work out easier than otherwise!

Please let me know :)

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I hope they sound better than they look......which is like a (trendy) kitchen flip-top bin. ;)

:grin: :grin: I hope too! I will also look around for a possible audition very soon. On a different note have you heard the Bel Canto c5i? What are your thought on it?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
On a different note have you heard the Bel Canto c5i? What are your thought on it?

Yes, I heard it briefly, so please take my assessment in the context of that.

I have said a few times on here, that as yet, Bel Canto make the only Class D amps that I quite like. The C5i sounds very clean, detailed, and a fraction on the warmer side of neutral, but still retains the emotion in the music, without becoming fatiguing.....they are often bought by Cyrus owners who like what Cyrus do, but find the sound a little forward.

It is a quantum leap away from the Pathos and for me, might be a touch forward with the Tannoys for my taste (that's a guess). It has a splendid built-in Dac, and enough current to handle difficult impedances.....what's to dislike, so give it a go.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
WishTree said:
On a different note have you heard the Bel Canto c5i? What are your thought on it?

Yes, I heard it briefly, so please take my assessment in the context of that.

I have said a few times on here, that as yet, Bel Canto make the only Class D amps that I quite like. The C5i sounds very clean, detailed, and a fraction on the warmer side of neutral, but still retains the emotion in the music, without becoming fatiguing.....they are often bought by Cyrus owners who like what Cyrus do, but find the sound a little forward.

It is a quantum leap away from the Pathos and for me, might be a touch forward with the Tannoys for my taste (that's a guess). It has a splendid built-in Dac, and enough current to handle difficult impedances.....what's to dislike, so give it a go.

Thanks cno. I am trying to build a light weight (literally) system around floor standers.

Option 1 - Audio pro Living LV3 are just perfect as they need nothing else and cuts all the cables. But don't know yet about the SQ

Option 2 - Audiolab M-DAC (This DAC + pre-amp looks quite solid) with a pair of Adam Artist 6 or some other active floorstanders

Option 3 - Bel Canto C5i (or Peachtree Nova) with Tannoy DC4T or DC6T (I could move my DC6T into that system and get a new pair of speakers to the living room!) as I quite like the way Tannoys handle layers & imaging and only if I could partner them with a warmer all in one amp. I remember there was a sale going on Peachtree Audio Nova but I can't remember which store was / is doing that :doh:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
Thanks cno. I am trying to build a light weight (literally) system around floor standers.

Option 1 - Audio pro Living LV3 are just perfect as they need nothing else and cuts all the cables. But don't know yet about the SQ

Option 2 - Audiolab M-DAC (This DAC + pre-amp looks quite solid) with a pair of Adam Artist 6 or some other active floorstanders

Option 3 - Bel Canto C5i (or Peachtree Nova) with Tannoy DC4T or DC6T (I could move my DC6T into that system and get a new pair of speakers to the living room!) as I quite like the way Tannoys handle layers & imaging and only if I could partner them with a warmer all in one amp. I remember there was a sale going on Peachtree Audio Nova but I can't remember which store was / is doing that :doh:

Sevenoaks were selling them cheap, but I don't think there are any left.

Budget allowing, I think you should try and get a listen to the Kef R series....they are worth the effort!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Sevenoaks were selling them cheap, but I don't think there are any left.

Budget allowing, I think you should try and get a listen to the Kef R series....they are worth the effort!

That's right! It was Sevenoaks.

Kef R Series - Y not?! :grin: Let me see where I can get them closest to my location.

Also, the Option 3 is on the last of the priorities as I have had enough of people talking about active cross overs, tri amplification, non box speakers etc. I feel like I only grazed the well treaded path of hifi and now it is time to go less trodden path :shhh:

;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
That's right! It was Sevenoaks.

Kef R Series - Y not?! :grin: Let me see where I can get them closest to my location.

Also, the Option 3 is on the last of the priorities as I have had enough of people talking about active cross overs, tri amplification, non box speakers etc. I feel like I only grazed the well treaded path of hifi and now it is time to go less trodden path :shhh:

;)

Being a serial tweaker, actives would leave you like a bird with it's wings clipped.

I've a feeling that Bel Canto + R Series should be on your radar...is available ex-dem here:
http://www.kronosav.com/products#ecwid:category=1720028&mode=product&product=5829845 >)

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Being a serial tweaker, actives would leave you like a bird with it's wings clipped. I've a feeling that Bel Canto + R Series should be on your radar...is available ex-dem here: http://www.kronosav.com/products#ecwid:category=1720028&mode=product&product=5829845 >)

Thanks Cno.. I spoke to them today and they are extremely friendlly and are very understanding. It feels nice to talk to such people who are more understanding of your situation than only trying to sell!

You most certianly are right about actives + Tweaking!

My underlying agenda (one I have soaked the enough sonic radiance from a particular product) is to see how efficiently it is doing the task and reward it accordingly (here the reward is to be part of my system ;) )

When I see my beasty Power Amps doing so much of hard work just be wasted at the passive end of the cross over, it feels like such a waste!

The thought of a tailor made amp to a particular range of the frequency spectrum + the type of speaker sounds more thrilling & satisfying. Ofcourse there are many other points like SQ, WAF etc come into play as well.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just in case some one is following this thread,

I had the demonstration of the LV3 speakers today. They are quite short but good in what they are trying to do. Very easy to connect to my MacbookAir and they ran very easily. There is a good amount of bass and instrument seperation. However they are only good for a listener who does not sit down for listening to music but to fill up the background in a very nice way. Missing precision and lac of grip on the content they play made a no go for me.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
Just in case some one is following this thread,

I had the demonstration of the LV3 speakers today. They are quite short but good in what they are trying to do. Very easy to connect to my MacbookAir and they ran very easily. There is a good amount of bass and instrument seperation. However they are only good for a listener who does not sit down for listening to music but to fill up the background in a very nice way. Missing precision and lac of grip on the content they play made a no go for me.

"Musical Bins" it is then! :shifty:

Good to hear back from you....TBH I would have been surprised if they were groundbreaking in terms of sound.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
"Musical Bins" it is then! :shifty: Good to hear back from you....TBH I would have been surprised if they were groundbreaking in terms of sound.

I get very optimistic with new tech / design. I must say that the speakers are brilliant for no wires set up but my ears are already too spoilt!

A

Anonymous

Late reply to the rest of this thread I know but thought i'd post anyway for anyone else out there wondering about these speakers.

So you can gauge the relevance of my opinion, a bit about me...

I'm certainly not someone who would spend thousands upon thousands of my hard earned pounds on a hifi.

I love listening to music and could sit for hours doing so.

I don't like wires every where or having to change cds all the time!

I know a bit about hifi having worked breifly in the trade and my best mate works high up in the sound production/engineering industry.

If you're like me, you should audition the Audio Pro LV3's!

I'm not one for essay's so some bullet points listing my experiences having owned the LV3's for nearly a week.

EASY!!! reliable plug n play - independant of wi-fi router (important if you have dodgy Talktalk router like mine)

Good value (to buy seperate tri amplification, DAC and floorstanders which integrate well, I doubt you'd save much money)

Great looking (in my opinion)

Wireless and easier to add multiroom facility than alternatives out there.

Solid build quality

The sound...

Broad sweetspot which is nice for everyone in the room, I suspect that if you clamped your head in a vice alternative systems out there may reward with better (but fussier) imaging.

Effortlessly full range sound at all reasonable volumes.

Not studio monitor or Cyrus style clinical sound, but very listenable and un fatiguing.

No spikes, just a flat base. I wonder if bass would improve further using spikes to penetrate carpet.

To summarise I'd say these are great speakers, very easy to get excellent unfussy sound. The sweetspot is not epic but certainly good enough to place instruments individually beyond and above the speakers - without even lubricating the mind's eye/ear with a glass of wine or two!

For the brand snobs out there, i'd love to hear the results of a blind test, even against more expensive kit. I'm confident these Audio Pro's would hold their own.

review based in a 4m by 4m room using i-tunes with various quality mp3's. I suspect sweetspot to sharpen up with FLAC or lossless files......

TRENDING THREADS