Question Audio Issue / Denon AH-D9200 Amp Recs

halokyo

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Hey all,

Long time browser, first time poster. Thanks ahead of time for replies!

Happy owner of a new pair of Denon AH-D9200s. This might be two threads but thought I'd post both.

First: at the beginning of the following track when the guitars open up, at higher volumes I hear some light crackling sounds that I don't hear with other gear (Shure SE846 or Dynaudio Emit 50) via the same receiver (Denon AVR X1600H).

https://tidal.com/browse/track/10923155
https://open.spotify.com/track/0GTK6TesV108Jj5D3MHsYb

Hoping someone can sanity check this and it's indeed the recording rather than the cans.

Second: anyone have experience with or good recommendations for amp / dac / cables to drive the Denons?

Been researching but hugely appreciate first hand input, thanks all!

Gray

...at the beginning of the following track when the guitars open up, at higher volumes I hear some light crackling sounds that I don't hear with other gear
Sounds to me like a bit of (intentional) distortion on the earliest guitar.
Could it be that your Denon's are merely telling it like it is?
I doubt they're faulty.
(I was listening on Sennheiser HD560S, they don't mask / sugar coat anything and personally, that's the way, "aha aha", I like it).

halokyo

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Second: anyone have experience with or good recommendations for amp / dac / cables to drive the Denons?

The answer to this question was Burson Conductor 3 Performance. Fantastic listening experience.

I hear a teensy bit of intentional crackle, if it happens on other tracks, give us a shout and I'll compare. These have probably been my most fun hifi purchase!

I was able to try out another pair of AH-D9200s in-store and heard the crackle, so it's on the track. That said when I'm running these through the Burson it's less distracting than going directly through my Mac.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts