Audio Cable Recommendations?

enzod

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I’ve read some good reviews about TARA Labs new Evolution cables on whatsbestforum. I’m getting ready to purchase some new components, as well as interconnects. Any word on these new cables? I’m also looking at a Weiss DAC 202 to purchase? I would appreciate any comments on this?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site

I can almost guarantee that you won't appreciate all comments.

If you want to spend a significant amount on a DAC, get a Benchmark. They are reference products and audibly transparent. You cannot improve on that.

As for cables, you don't need to spend more than a few £/m for the best audible quality.

Welcome enzod.

If you have been reading this forum for a while you will have seen that cables are a controversial topic. However, for the cost of an executive car I think "you have to be joking" is what comes to my mind first. ($42,000 that is)

What is the rest of your system and are you in the UK?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Popcorn.gif

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
nopiano said:
Welcome enzod.

If you have been reading this forum for a while you will have seen that cables are a controversial topic. However, for the cost of an executive car I think "you have to be joking" is what comes to my mind first. ($42,000 that is)

What is the rest of your system and are you in the UK?

I note that the manufacturer's website references a cross sectional area of 85,000 square millimetres for the speaker cables, which if my schoolboy maths is up to it, gives a cable diameter of nearly 60cm. With that amount of copper, no wonder the cables are expensive.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Surely enzod is playful / winding you up?

Either that or a complete and utter ....

A friend bought 3 watches from a London street tout. £100+. Guess what - they were not that reliable.

Gullible. Stupid. Sad.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi enzod.

Personally the best thing to do is once you have decided on what kit you want. Try all kinds of different cables and see if you think more expensive ones improve the sound or don't make any difference. IMO it's good to use reviews as a reference but you can't beat what your own ears tell you.

enzod

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I live in a high-rise in London. I don’t find cables to be controversial anymore, especially when they offer better sonic realism and performance than a new DAC or Preamplifier. I get far more pleasure from audio than I get from any sports car or executive car… On the few nice days, I walk to walk, or I’ll get a typical London cab. My system is mostly Pass Labs and B&W Diamonds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts