Audio cable quality loss?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Do audio cables (Interconnect and Speaker cables) loose guality after a year or so? I have noticed sound changes with my Maranz amp and cd player after a lot of plays. (Bass less warm, yet sound is more detailed) Is dit normal, or should you purchase new ones? Please help me out, because I thought I red about this, but I'm not sure. Maybe It's just in my head..

Thanks,

Martin

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Music-Minded said:
Hi,

Do audio cables (Interconnect and Speaker cables) loose guality after a year or so? I have noticed sound changes with my Maranz amp and cd player after a lot of plays. (Bass less warm, yet sound is more detailed) Is dit normal, or should you purchase new ones? Please help me out, because I thought I red about this, but I'm not sure. Maybe It's just in my head..

Thanks,

Martin

There may be changes to the sound of your system but I doubt it is the cables. Try unplugging them and then pluggin them back in to clean the connections (its free and can do no harm). The biggest changes would likely be from the speakers if from new or left for long periods and any major changes to your room especially if the ratio of soft furnishings/book cases to hard walls/tables etc has changed. It could possibly be the CD player and amp running in if they were new as well. It could also be you get used to the kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts