attaching a turntable to a chinese amp

petert

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
hi

this is my first post so forgive me if ive put it in the wrong place, the system im using at the moment is michelle technodek with rega arm and pickering cart,nad 3020 and maudant short pagents, im thinking of trying a chinese tube amp specifically an audioromy fu29 forgive my ignorance but how can i attach my turntable the amp it only has a cd and dvd inputs. would i need a pre amp,phono stage if i needed a pre amp could i use the nad any suggestions and recomendations would be most welcome

petert

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
thanks ifor

the nad 3020a allows the use of the pre amp separately, regardless of whether i use that or a separate one would i then just plug it into the cd/dvd input. and could anyone suggest a reasonably priced one that would work well with the valve amp

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I initially read this as 'attaching a turntable to a Chinese lamp'; I thought that it was proof that the world had actually gone mad. I'm glad I gave it another glance!

Did you pick up the wrong spectacles Jim?

To the OP:-

You will need a phono preamp, perhaps some idea of what your 'reasonably priced' means that might help toward assistance here.

Do you want to go all valve? Valve preamps are not cheap, you should do just as well with a solid-stare preamp thoughy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts