atlas ichor

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I gather all speaker cable sounds the same. Just use some old coat hangers between the amp and speaker binding posts. It's scientific fact so I'm told.

A

Anonymous

None. It's £120 /m ! I would advise looking at some Chord cables such as the Odyssey 4 at £40 /m or Epic at £40 for single or £80 for bi. Superb cables. Have you tried this Atlas cable or can you get a good price?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]Does anyone have any experience with this speaker cable?[/quote]

I haven't but one of my friend had them for a while, not the ultimate cables for details. You can buy better (for a lot cheaper) imo. I would try some nice silver cables for that price range (no....not the silver plated QED SA stuff)

A

Anonymous

Not really happy with the epic.....have been using that for past 2 months.........have given it time to "burn in" (I say that in jest to be provocative before I get flamed for that comment!)........feel the sound is a little flat, clarity could be slightly better, and a touch mid-heavy. I like the sound my system gives overall, but get the impression it can be bettered. The difference was phenomenal when I first used the Navigator XLRs, which is why I was wondering about the Ichor cable. I could probably swing it for 90-100 pounds per metre......I guess other cable in that category is signature, and heard some good things about Kondo SPc. This is my final piece in the jigsaw, so thought I'd get some expert thoughts on here. Not sure how easy it will be to get some Ichor cable on demo.........haven't seen many reviews on it either.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The price you are willing to pay is the hot spot of cables range.....Kondo is highly regards so Cardas, VirtualDynamic are superb (I should know
emotion-5.gif
) and don't forget Darren's Clearer Audio as his cables has won many awards in UK although I never heard them YET!. Oh and the Kimber Kables that Anton love so much they come highly recommended by many reviewers.

If you are paying around £100 per metre I would go for the mid-range of highend brand rather than top of the range of the common cables market. (I don't know how to explain the last bit but I hope you understand)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]If you are paying around £100 per metre I would go for the mid-range of highend brand rather than top of the range of the common cables market. (I don't know how to explain the last bit but I hope you understand)[/quote]

Very coherent Elvis......I know exactly what you're saying dude.......good plan ;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I gather all speaker cable sounds the same. Just use some old coat hangers between the amp and speaker binding posts. It's scientific fact so I'm told.[/quote]

lol!.........that's right Joel, and apparently I'm supposed to use monster cable to hang up my clothes ;)

John Duncan

[quote user="Sam Srivastava"][quote user="JoelSim"]I gather all speaker cable sounds the same. Just use some old coat hangers between the amp and speaker binding posts. It's scientific fact so I'm told.[/quote]

lol!.........that's right Joel, and apparently I'm supposed to use monster cable to hang up my clothes ;)[/quote]

I use mine as drawer-liner, is that right?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Sam Srivastava"][quote user="JoelSim"]I gather all speaker cable sounds the same. Just use some old coat hangers between the amp and speaker binding posts. It's scientific fact so I'm told.[/quote]

lol!.........that's right Joel, and apparently I'm supposed to use monster cable to hang up my clothes ;)[/quote]

I use mine as drawer-liner, is that right?[/quote]

Have you stopped using the pink scented ones?...

A

Anonymous

if i were you and had that much to spend on cable i would definately go for the Townshend Isolda DCT - its £50 a metre and has many excellent reviews - in fact Hi-Fi Choice has awarded it their Gold Award for the past 4 years now saying "This is still the speaker cable that comes closest to the zen-like 'sound of no cable' ideal".

A

Anonymous

Hi Sam don't know if you have sourced any speaker cable yet. But if not i have 2x4m runs of atlas ichor that are for sale.

I have been very happy with this cable but due to a change in my situation am selling bits and bobs of my hi-fi.

Contact me at Thedonphileone@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've just got a CrystalCable Piccolo. How thin and weedy does that look!!!! Have wired it up to the tuner which had non-audiophile cables, deffo more detail although my signal isn't perfect so difficult to measure really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts