Atlas equator superior

ruivasco

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don´t know what happened to my post. Anyway, the question is I have the Atlas IC Equator MKII. Should I buy the new MKIII with the new plugs, or is it a side move?Better the Hyper?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ruivasco said:
Well, I don´t know what happened to my post. Anyway, the question is I have the Atlas IC Equator MKII. Should I buy the new MKIII with the new plugs, or is it a side move?Better the Hyper?

Can you borrow one from a dealer and try it?.......What will it cost you to change?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I suspect there will be an improvement, so it all depends on the cost to change, as to whether it's worth the effort......you will be lucky to find anyone who has directly compared the two, but you never know.

You are also likely be told that any possible difference is in your imagination.

ruivasco

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I suspect there will be an improvement, so it all depends on the cost to change, as to whether it's worth the effort.......

I just want to trade because I bought a better amplifier, so I guess a better IC would improve the sound.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ruivasco said:
CnoEvil said:
I suspect there will be an improvement, so it all depends on the cost to change, as to whether it's worth the effort.......

I just want to trade because I bought a better amplifier, so I guess a better IC would improve the sound.

IME It likely will, but there are no guarantees.....and putting a value on any possible improvement is personal.

I'm afraid I can't be more definite than that.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
CnoEvil said:
I suspect there will be an improvement

Why?

....because (imo) improved connections can make a difference......but we've been here before, so not going there again (since you won't persuade me that I'm not hearing what I'm hearing; and I won't persuade you that I'm right). :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't planning on 'going there' :p - it seems neither of us has heard the product to comment personally. It just seemed a very 'trusting' conclusion to draw ;)

Anyway, hopefully it's taken your mind off rendering for a post or two ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I wasn't planning on 'going there' :p - it seems neither of us has heard the product to comment personally. It just seemed a very 'trusting' conclusion to draw ;)

Anyway, hopefully it's taken your mind off rendering for a post or two ;)

They have though (not that you can trust Hifi mags) :shifty: :

http://www.atlascables.com/assets/files/pdfs-reviews/HFC_Extras_October2012.pdf

:p

TubularTechnician

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got the MKIII coming from DAC to amp. Why ? Good reviews and was in the price bracket my chosen kit dealer told me to pick from. Sadly I've missed out on HiFi for many years so can't compare it to any other cable at all. Except 5 blind tests with a beach towel covering my 16 year old daughter and all my kit , while she swapped the supplied RCA's with the Atlas. I picked the Atlas every time. No contest. Einstien and Hawkin could turn up and tell me I'm hearing things , expectation bias blah blah blah, but I'd tell them the same. I know the kit sounded better with the atlas.

Not much point in posting about it as I can't help the OP out re MKII v MKIII. Other than to say that it feels good quality, looks good quality but whether or not it is making a positive or negative difference as opposed to MKII or any similar priced connect I couldn't say. Others can argue about does it / doesn't it .

But sometimes just thinking that it does, even if it probably doesn't, can make you happy and keep your interest going. Mrs Tech bought a frock for a wedding the other day. She thinks it makes her bum look smaller. It doesn't but she thinks it does and therefore is wery happy with her purchase. So I'd wager is the owner of the small shop she gave the £200 to. Same applies to HiFi cables imo. Money stays in the HiFi world, more manufacturers and retailers survive and we get better products no ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts