ATC SCM40s vs EPOS ES30s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Gonna pick up a pair of ATC SCM40s at the weekend to audition in my flat. Any advice on what I should watch (er listen) out for, what to expect? Had a pair of Cardea C30s a few months back, wasn't that impressed as it didn't sound much different to the ES30s. Wondering how the SCM40s will fair, whether the sound will be more articulate, detailed, altogether "bigger"...

Hi Dr Lodge

I've not heard C30's or ES30's however SCM40 monitors with their low distortion, flat and honest design will reveal the qualities of your recordings, electronics and cabling in an uncoloured and natural manner. Simple :)

Btw, will you be using HiFi1, HiFi 2 or both systems?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect to be instantly amazed. They're not showy speakers, so take your time. They are very transparent, so your electronics will shine through: which with your kit should be fun :)

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
Btw, will you be using HiFi1, HiFi 2 or both systems?

Using with HiFi1 i.e. Wadia 861 and the 300W mono blocks.

@David - yes I want to hear how they sound, its a good opportunity to try another speaker and understand just how different speakers sound. I know them to be quite revealing so will be very interesting so hear what actually comes through from the Wadia.

@BenLaw - this is the benefit of having a "home loan" demo, since I get to keep them for a while and listen over a few days (thx to Trevor@guildfordaudio.co.uk)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts