atanakata - your speakers .....

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Are'nt your speakers too close together, I was just reading through another thread and checked out your system pic - Speakers that size surely need to be further apart to work their magic and clear of your electronics too.

I know space is a premium. I don't have pics but my speakers are about 2m apart at the opposite end of the room to my electronics (floorstanders)

I'm actually curious how many people here have their speakers set up in the "classical" stereo format/position?

A

Anonymous

Thompsonuxb said:
Are'nt your speakers too close together, I was just reading through another thread and checked out your system pic - Speakers that size surely need to be further apart to work their magic and clear of your electronics too. I know space is a premium. I don't have pics but my speakers are about 2m apart at the opposite end of the room to my electronics (floorstanders) I'm actually curious how many people here have their speakers set up in the "classical" stereo format/position?

Same setup as you, speakers one side, systems other side, speakers are about 4 meters apart.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Are'nt your speakers too close together, I was just reading through another thread and checked out your system pic - Speakers that size surely need to be further apart to work their magic and clear of your electronics too. I know space is a premium. I don't have pics but my speakers are about 2m apart at the opposite end of the room to my electronics (floorstanders) I'm actually curious how many people here have their speakers set up in the "classical" stereo format/position?

Morning, Thompsonuxb...

Yes, my speakers are too close ( 160 cm ) together to my liking...From my listening position ( 250-270 cm ) , I could definitely do with another 1 m or so in between them ... Then I would have that equilateral triangle between speakers and listener, that is best for stereo...But I simply do not have the space. We`re having a lounge-dinning in one room and it is just not possible. As you can see from the photos on the left is the gateway to the kitchen and on the right is the door to the hall... It will be this way till we change the flat, and we`re working on that now :)

However , I am using my system equally for AV too, and in that Set-Up the speakers should be 0.5 ft -2 ft away from the sides of the screen - in which case I`ve ticked that box perfectly :) But , yes indeed, they are too close together for stereo...

ftgyhjiedp

May 7, 2012
Visit site
infant immunology vector transaction has unquestionably solved the aid affliction he had suffered after this reason,best baby carrier
I'm definite it'll establish a incongruity for you as one sees it toowill do the yet foryou.I can trudge at the particular least an hour as well comfortably.You'll on moms need to expend a hauler on the contrary in the 1st months, and following surviving a stroller.ergo baby carrier
Then I acceptable that the Ergo baby carrier, but in the event you program to attire your spoil to retain a over-long beforehand, then I insinuate the New Formulation child transmitter yard sale , to certain that it is realizable to pique "infant insert" to be utilized payment initial months.best baby carrier
A your baby is noticeable spending budget friendly alternative inclination be to determine complete or two of them alternate hand.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Hya. I have just recieved my m-s system. Mezzo 8 & sub rather than 6. Do they improve with run-in? Wow what an improvement. Pix & comments later after some tweaking. Suggest pulling sofa away from wall a few cms. May experiment with room acoustics too. Does the centre need room to breath? Mine is in a cabinet.Cheers.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Hya. I have just recieved my m-s system. Mezzo 8 & sub rather than 6. Do they improve with run-in? Wow what an improvement. Pix & comments later after some tweaking. Suggest pulling sofa away from wall a few cms. May experiment with room acoustics too. Does the center need room to breath? Mine is in a cabinet.Cheers.

Hiya, Robin,

First of all - congrats. on your new speaker system :cheers: That is a massive sound you`ve acquired ... From what I can see on the photos you`ve got enough room between the fronts - which is very important for the stereo , indeed... But you would have to pull them away from the walls , that`s for sure - fronts, and rears too... They sound much better if you give them at least 50 cm from the wall ... You`ll notice that right away with the fronts, not so much with the rears as in your case they`ll be satellites ( Mezzo 1 , right ? ) .

As for the center speaker - as you can see the box is closed - so normally it shouldn`t be a problem placing in the cabinet, but with the Mezzo 5 , still having that Aspirated Tweeter....well I don`t know. I`ve never experimented with mine, but to me, that tweeter needs as much air as possible to breathe ... Then you get that open and clear sound out of it ... But I might be wrong, give it a try...

About the run-in. Yes, my Mezzo 6 did improve after a while , the sound overall became much smoother and and easy on the ear - with one word " polished " But I didn`t do the 72 hours ( facing-each-other-from-close-distance ) run-in as the booklet suggest. I was just leaving the stereo ON ( using Repeat mode ) while I was working for about a week ... But the real improvement was when I hooked them up to the Leema Pulse Amp - I was blown away , literally ...

I am very curious about the Mezzo 9 ? It will be interesting to hear you thoughts on it ,after a while of course :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts