Atacama Isolation pads

A

Anonymous

If those ravioli things are the ones i heard in loud and clear then they are about £70 for 4!

although they are meant to be made by one of the science types up at faslane, and possibly from the same stuff they put on missiles to make them more invisible on radar (this is only what i heard).

did make a hell of a difference though i may ask for some on home demo.

idc

fast eddie:If those ravioli things are the ones i heard in loud and clear then they are about £70 for 4! ...

Yes they are

fast eddie:...although they are meant to be made by one of the science types up at faslane, and possibly from the same stuff they put on missiles to make them more invisible on radar (this is only what i heard)....

Really?!

fast eddie:... did make a hell of a difference......

Really!?

A

Anonymous

Yeah thats what i was told, it was before they were marketed as black ravioli, but looked exactly the same.

John demod the naim kit i wanted with them after i'd done the naim demo and they really did seem to make a big improvement to the sound. Not sure if it was £140 worth though. Much more detail and separation if i remember correctly.

I'm a bit of a sceptic where things like that are concerned so wassn't expecting too much either.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What happened to squash balls?
emotion-5.gif

idc

Hi Sam. The VibraPods looked good until I read this;

VIBRAPOD Isolators may leave rings on woods, acrylics, and painted surfaces. They may also dissolve the paint, especially if it is lacquer. To protect these surfaces and your equipment please use BAR COASTERS or PLAYING CARDS between the VIBRAPOD Isolators and these surfaces. AOL Discs work well too.

Squash balls it is then!

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
professorhat:

What happened to squash balls?
emotion-5.gif

Mine got squashed. Which way up should they be? Is there a preferred orientation? Do they perform better if warmed up by the heat of an amplifier? I must check out previous threads...

A

Anonymous

idc:

Hi Sam. The VibraPods looked good until I read this;

VIBRAPOD Isolators may leave rings on woods, acrylics, and painted surfaces. They may also dissolve the paint, especially if it is lacquer. To protect these surfaces and your equipment please use BAR COASTERS or PLAYING CARDS between the VIBRAPOD Isolators and these surfaces. AOL Discs work well too.

Squash balls it is then!

Yes, this could be an issue. I have mine resting on glass shelves and that doesn't leave any marks.

A

Anonymous

i was after some new pads and came across these and this thread to, so though i would add to it. similar to the one already

Normal

false
false
false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

mentioned..

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3557

A

Anonymous

+1 for Black Ravioli

These little black gems are superb, i have mine on spacers under my amp and cd player and i love them, yes they are expensive but well worth it.

Ragworm

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I have these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flatfeet-Sorbothane-audiophile-isolation-supports-/230584088487?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item35afe1f7a7

under my speakers and their bigger brothers (currently out of stock) under my Amp and CDP. They do leave a mark on glass but, given the price, buying a set and trying them out is a pretty low risk exercise.

TRENDING THREADS