Atacama HMS2 or Partington Broadside?

Evlampi

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello, i`m choosing some stands for my new Proac Response D Two.

There is no chance to try neither Atacama HMS2, nor Partington Broadside so i have to decide based on reviews and visual taste.

In most cases, the Partingtons are better rated.

Any experience with these stands and big heavy monitors like Response D Two?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I use HMS2's myself as I needed a large top plate - highly recommended. I've never really been a fan of the Partington 'style'. I also went for the HMS2's because of the large bottom plate and the fact they were pretty heavy even before filling them.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
same as frank, for me. filled with atabites, they are very heavy - lifting mine with my speakers in place is like moving a person.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Craig M.: lifting mine with my speakers in place is like moving a person.

Love it Craig!

I've not tried the Atacama but I found with Partington Dreadnought Broadsides a massive improvement in all areas, especially bass speed and tautness. Like Craig with his 19s, my 11s needed a large top plate and a very solid construction. I was shocked at the level of improvement.

It sounds like both are great stands - so maybe base your choice on availability, price and aesthetics.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
My guess is probably little difference. They have similar bomb proof construction and can be mass loaded to extreme weight. They are both capable of supporting very large standmounts such as the ATC SCM 19s. I would trust Craig's opinion on this, and the changes to sound seem very similar to my experience with the Partingtons. If you're not bothered about the looks, then go with the much better price!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts