Artists or groups that make you feel queasy...

A recent thread for Favourite artists. Now, how about the ones that'll make a pet budgie vomit?

Shania Twain, Coldplay, any Boy band, Del Amitri (sorry, JD), Rush (sorry again, JD)....

A few to kick proceedings off: Shame about Del Amitri. The first time I heard "Kiss this thing goodbye" I thought it was the coolest track, but now the only track I can physically stomach is "Stone Cold Sober".

C'est la vie.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Scouting For Girls. Truly dire in every sense. Makes me want to rip my ears off if I'm ever unfortunate enough to catch one of their 'songs'. Jedward (naturally. I don't feel any reasoning is necessary). N dubz (see 'Jedward'). Singer songwriters don't grate too much, but I do hate that they're hailed as the best thing since sliced bread by the music press.

A

Anonymous

Almost all mainstream modern dance music especially if the singer sounds like a chipmunk!!! Boy bands in general also make me angry...

Paul.

Big Chris said:
Scouting For Girls. Truly dire in every sense. Makes me want to rip my ears off if I'm ever unfortunate enough to catch one of their 'songs'.

Oh my god don't they just? Every single song is either whiney pinning or whiney heartbroken. They must be massively pathetic people to be around.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Any 'prog' rock.

Any attempt at classical/rock fusion I have heard so far.

Bob Dylan. (To be fair, there are lots of BD written songs I can enjoy, so long as he isn't singing them.)

Phil Collins.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
Jedward (naturally. I don't feel any reasoning is necessary). N dubz (see 'Jedward').

That's slightly unfair, at least one of N'Dubz can actually sing (and is nice to look at), even if the songs are rubbish. You can't say the same about Jedward, as the rest of Europe is about to find out...

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Luckily they are no longer around or at least not releasing albums

The Bee Gees,ELO,Dire Straits

Any of the X Factor/Pop Idol type stuff,there must be truely talented people who can`t get a break who would give their eye teeth for the exposure this trash gets

Manic Street Preachers,can appreciate they are a genuine band but their music just grates

Nearly all C & W music I`ve ever heard

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
UB40 (with the exception of One in Ten).

*shudders*

Would agree there, one in ten is something of a minor classic but went downhill after that,Red Red Wine anyone? Same with Aswad one of the better Brit reggae bands until they went all poppy.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
just along as there talent and things are being played well.

i dont really understand rap or modern r&b theres a lot of fast talking and not lot else.

and some heavy rock is awful with a many of the lead singers appearing to shout like acdc.

the track i find proves how a band should be is dire straits- sultans of swing live night in london all guiter players drummer and singer sound the same volume and never over dominate another, always in control and seems to close to perfect as playing goes

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Lady Gaga

Mumford & Sons

Jedward

Sting

The Beatles (except George Harrison)

UB40

Dire Straits

The Vaccines

Bee Gees

Scouting For Girls

Oasis

Jennifer Lopez (stick to acting, luv; umm, then again...)

The Glee Cast

Bruno Mars

Genesis

N Dubzzzzzz

Arctic Monkeys

Axl Rose

That silly old fool who used to sing with Black Sabbath

Emerson Lake and Palmer

Richard Clayderman

James Galway

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
A lot of easy targets have already been mentioned, so I'll not repeat any of them.

For me, the one act that fills me with dread and subconsciously moves my finger to the off button immediately everytime it comes on the radio... Meatloaf. (Urghhhh)

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Adele - I know, I know, great voice and maybe its me but watching her being interviewed with her 'Brit School Brat Attitude' and unnecessary swearing, chewing gum and general cockiness winds me up to the point where I'm going right off her!

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Can't believe nobody's mentioned them already,but Radiohead must be the biggest bunch of whiners going.One of their songs on the radio is enough to make me change stations until I think it's over.

Also U2 are unbelievably crap.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
johnnyblue said:
Can't believe nobody's mentioned them already,but Radiohead must be the biggest bunch of whiners going.One of their songs on the radio is enough to make me change stations until I think it's over. Also U2 are unbelievably crap.

+1 for Radiohead

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It is quite obvious that most of you lot (with the exception of Basshound), have never heard Irish Country (Nb That's a complement).

Listen to Brendan Shine's "Do you want your old lobby washed down", and then tell me that your choices even make it to first base! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts