art deco 8(standards)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi system: musical fidelity A308cr pre-amp musical fidelity X-A200 mono blocks musical fidelity X-RAY cd player & X-PLORA tuner & Clear Audio Concept Turntable. problem i have just bought a pair of art deco 8 loudspeakers & although the sound has got a lot better since i changed the speaker cables & inter connects from nordost solar wind to Jas Zion SP-3 speaker cables & ecosse maestro interconnects i still think that my musical fidelity amps & cd player are not good enough to get the best out of these beautiful speakers, i am thinking along the lines of a valve amp not sure what cd player to go for or in what price range but thinking between £2500 to £4500 for the amp & up to £3000 for cd player also the speakers can be upgraded to signatures do you think i should go along that route first please help.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
evoslug:Hi system: musical fidelity A308cr pre-amp musical fidelity X-A200 mono blocks musical fidelity X-RAY cd player & X-PLORA tuner & Clear Audio Concept Turntable. problem i have just bought a pair of art deco 8 loudspeakers & although the sound has got a lot better since i changed the speaker cables & inter connects from nordost solar wind to Jas Zion SP-3 speaker cables & ecosse maestro interconnects i still think that my musical fidelity amps & cd player are not good enough to get the best out of these beautiful speakers, i am thinking along the lines of a valve amp not sure what cd player to go for or in what price range but thinking between £2500 to £4500 for the amp & up to £3000 for cd player also the speakers can be upgraded to signatures do you think i should go along that route first please help.

Take a peek at my avatar
emotion-5.gif
. Sort your amp out before upgrading to Sigs.

Contact Jordan Accoustics and speak with Paul. He will sort you out with demo amps that you can try at home.

Fish and chips /Art and valves. Get my drift ?. But only you can decide. Its your room and ears. Dont fall into the trap of listening to folks saying 'valves are warm and cuddly and cant do dynamics' etc. Load of tosh.

neil fd2

May 12, 2008
Visit site
It would also be worth checking out the Luxman L550A II. I currently use one to drive a pair of Art Emotions with mighty fine results. You also have the added bonus of an excellent phono stage for your Clearaudio turntable.

A

Anonymous

It would be useful if you could say what you think the issue with the sound is?

My own experience... I had the Emotion Signatures for a while but the drivers simply didn't integrate, there was a midrange suckout. I have a very powerful amp, so sent the speakers back :(

Also in my experience, when you get new speakers, it is essential to try a variety of positions and supports / isolation to ensure that you are getting the best out of the speakers in their environment - never underestimate how much difference this can make (unless you have an acoustically ideal room)

A

Anonymous

bought a 2nd hand mastersound compact 845 amp but it does not sound no whare as good as the demo amp i had a shot of got the clarity but no drive & sounds quite low. i notice that when u switch on the demo amp there was a hum out left speaker then the right & the power light flahed in & out untill it went steady the the hum came back out both speakers @ same time but on my amp u don't here anything until the light goes steady then u here the hum out the left speaker only & it is very very faint. any one got any idea what's wrong with my amp & how to sort it could be something simple.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts