arrrgh! Not sure what to do for my new system...!

H3dron70

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
hello everyone! this is my first post here.. I'm really looking to upgrade my recently ressurrected system (one of the speakers needs repairing the woofer has gon, but getting repaired soon) but i recently got some loverly new Chord Cables (Bi-ampable) I totally want to do away with CD forever (Its Soooo 20th Century!!!) and just go for high quality digital music files (FLAC, Lossless) SOUND QUALITY is of prime importance though as well as punchy bass and impressive soundstage Im looking to get a DAC Magic so I can play my files...unless I get an all in one like the Naim UnitiQute...(hurry up and do a review, What Hi-fi!!!) But my local dealer got me thinking as he strongly reccommended a valve amp by Manley called the Stingray 2, which looks amazing and sounds really good, but expensive. I'm also looking at Cyrus and the new Leema Pulse 3, although I thought the new Leemas looks likea Sky box or something....a bit underwhelmed but looks are'nt everything. to start things off, anybody got any opinions about the Manley Stingray? its meant to be very good...

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
H3dron70:I totally want to do away with CD forever (Its Soooo 20th Century!!!) and just go for high quality digital music files (FLAC, Lossless) SOUND QUALITY is of prime importance though as well as punchy bass and impressive soundstage

Im looking to get a DAC Magic so I can play my files...unless I get an all in one like the Naim UnitiQute...I'm also looking at Cyrus
A few ideas to look into and audition:

Sonos ZP90 > CA DacMagic > Amp > Speakers

Mac Mini > Cyrus 8 XP d > Speakers

Naim UnitiQute > Rega RS3

H3dron70

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I listen to alot of mostly electronic music/IDM such as Autechre Boards of Canada also still love drum and bass, along with indie rock and maintream rock such as Muse, Suede etc. Id liek to hang onto my speakers as they have good bass..

H3dron70

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
hmmm never thought of that, but not really my cup of tea, but iwll take a look, as i said the B&W 601s I have are pretty good getting the broken one fixed next week, so Id liek to hang onto them...am leaning more towards the naim Unitiqute as its pretty future proof hopefully then later on down the track would like to get a bigger system,

how does electronic music sound with naim gear? also is it possible to add a power amp to the unitiqute?

thanks for all your suggestions!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts