Aria 906 with Rega amplification

yani

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard these speakers being driven by any of the latest Rega amps. If so I am interested in your opinions on its bass output/quality and how well the speakers dealt with the higher frequencies. Also keen to hear about the 3d sound stage and how well this was conveyed.

Thanks

Yani

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Last week I stopped by my local Hi-Fi shop and listened twice to the Focal Aria 905 and Rotel RA-1570 integrated amplifier. I know it wasn't the 906's, but it was very close, just a little smaller with less bass. Anyways, I thought the sound together was very good. Smooth, dynamic, exciting but also easy to listen to. I switched to a Marantz PM-7005 integrated amp and I didn't like the sound as much. It was more laid back, warmer, but more boring. Also, even though the Maranzz was warmer overall it was still sharper in the lower treble with voices. S and T sounds were annoying, sharp even. The Rotel was a little brighter, less warm overall, but that brightness on S and T sounds with vocals never tipped the scales into being annoying. The Rotel was also just more fun to listen to.

Both amps were partnered with the Marantz SA-6005 CD player, CD was by Mark Knopfler.

TRENDING THREADS