Are the Mordaunt Short Avant 906i and Avant series a good partner for the Marantz SR 5003 AV Receiver ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello forum:

Last weekend i could assist an auditioning of the Mordaunt Short floor stander 906i partnered with a Marantz stereo amp and with the Marantz SR5003 AV receiver. I really liked the sound of theses speakers although I could check that more expensive options were better but for my limited sonic taste it isn´t worth the extra money.

When we change from the stereo amp to the SR5003 I still like the sound but I realized that the treble where a bit harder.

Considering the WHT advise of the suitable partnering of the Mordaunt Short Avant, my question is: do you think the SR5003 is in the side of the denon style or it is on the other side and this sensation of extra hardness I could hear could be a problem if I use this set up every day? I will use it for both music and cinema and I complete the floor standers with center , sub, and bipolar surr. of the same avant series.

Thanks for your advice

A

Anonymous

I used to run my MS speakers on a Marantz sr4400 and it was a good match so since the ones you state is much newer and better then I would say it will go well.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your Advise Paulthefilmfan . I think I'll go for the setup this weekend if there isnït a negative feedback in the forum.

A

Anonymous

The problem with the mordaunt shorts is that there isn't much amplification around that will not at some point in time (with certain material), sound a bit bright but you can help this by using the equalizer setting that most of the 'AV Receivers' have which lower the frequency extremes in movie soundtracks, I found this stopped the tweeters every really getting harsh. Also make sure you give your speakers a real good run-in over a good 24 hours.

TRENDING THREADS