Are all LODs the same?

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I mean this in terms of sound quality, you can get them from fiio for under £10 but I see some for alot more. Since my renewed love of my x10 I have been thinking how to maximise this. Was thinking of a fiio e5 or e11 connected to my iPhone via a LOD. Does anyone have any recomendations for particular LODs? Would the Russ Andrews gq24 be any good? it's only £30 now.

Also wanted to ask about phone interference with these amps. When I borrowed a friends e5 I got alot of the horrible interference noise from my phone when the amp was on. It was connected with a short 3.5 to 3.5 jac connector. Would the same happen with a LOD? They all seem to be very short and from experience with the interference it is due to the phone being close to the amp.

Any help would be great.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Save you money and buy a Fiio one they do two different quality ones anyway, the L1 & L3 I think. £30 for an LOD is ridiculous; you are paying for the name and nothing else.

I used to use the cheap L1 with an E7 from my iPhone I never had any interference issues.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I should go for something cheap at first. In terms of the GQ24 what hifi rates it very highly as a cone torto a regular amp so thought it would also improve a headphone amp. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences with different LODs?

TRENDING THREADS