Arcaydis DM1 with Teac Ref Mk3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Teac Reference Mk3 and am looking to replace my 10 year old battered speakers to something with a cleaner sound. I'm not totally sure about matching the power of the amp to the speakers, I am guilty of cranking it up sometimes so I want something that can handle the power of the amp as at the moment I can hear the speakers struggle at around -20db and I never push them further, although that's about loud enough anyway.

The spec of my amp is

* Power output: 45w x 2
* Harmonic distortion: 0.05% (1kHz)
* S/N ratio: 95dB; 70dB phono
* Frequency response: 5Hz–80kHz

My budget is around £150-200 although I can go above that if it's worth it. I was originally looking at either a pair of Dali Lektor 2 for £170 or some Mordaunt Shorts, but then I saw a review for the Arcaydis DM1 and thought they could be exactly what I'm after.

Only thing I'm worried about is with my current amp, would I really be getting the best out of them and could I justify going over my budget for them? Or will I get a similar sound out of the Lektor 2 anyway and the extra money spent would be wasted?

What I really want is something that will give me the truest sound in the top end but with a nice deep bass if I do want to crank them up occasionally.

Be great if someone could help me out and maybe make some recommendations as well

A

Anonymous

Also looking at the Monitor Audio BX2 but reluctant to push above £200 for them. Such a speaker noob...

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i think they are sexy looking speakers but hard to demo. i would stick with you plan and go and have a listen to the dalis. then maybe try and see if you can demo the old ma br1/2's there at good prices

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts