Arcam Solo Mini & Muso speakers

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking at getting an Arcam Solo Mini for my home office. I'm trying to chose some speakers. The most obvious choice would be the Arcam Muso but I haven't been able to demo a pair. Does anyone have an experience?

I liked the Monitor Audio RS1 when I heard them ages ago. They also look nice like most MA speakers. However, they have been discontinued for a while. I listened to a pair of RX1s which superceded them but didn't like them and I also don't think they look as nice as the RS1s. One good thing about the Muso's are they are nice and compact. Arcam also do a special wall bracket for them so I was going to mount them if I decided on them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? One thing is that they have to be nice looking speakers to fit with the rest of my office. I could always get a second hand pair of RS1s but I generally dislike buying speakers used.

Many thanks!

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
As its an office based system, is there any reason your PC could not be your hi-fi ?

If not, and whilst the Arcam is nice I can't help but feel that the alternatives from Denon and Maraantz offer more.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
It’s a very long time since I’ve heard the Solo but an exceptional unit as I recall.

If you get a chance I would suggest having an audition of the Rega RS1’s. Beautifully detailed sound with great timing and they really are very unfussy about positioning and very suitable for wall mounting.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks but at over £400 they are outside of my budget.

Sizzers said:
It’s a very long time since I’ve heard the Solo but an exceptional unit as I recall.

If you get a chance I would suggest having an audition of the Rega RS1’s. Beautifully detailed sound with great timing and they really are very unfussy about positioning and very suitable for wall mounting.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I owned the Arcam solo with Muso speakers+ sub. I was very disappointed as my room was too big for these small speakers.

Also I believe that Arcam is not very reliable, I had problems already after 12 months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts