Arcam rPac performance

Fred24

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys

I recently bought the rPac to drive my monitor audio Idec 200 speaker. But however I did not notice any much difference in sound quality. :doh:

I use the rpac RCA output to feed it to ideck 200 jack input. I am therefore asking if anybody that have test the rPac with an amp or speaker whether the sound quality improve or not.

please help as im still in the process of returnig the rpac for refund. i fear it might deter me from dac. so any comments or advice is welcome.

Thank you :rockout:

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Fred24 said:
I recently bought the rPac to drive my monitor audio Idec 200 speaker.

Seems like overkill for the monitor audio Idec 200. Not that I've ever tried it, but I suspect that the i-deck 200 isn't really capable enough. If you hear no improvement, by all means get a refund.

Just out of interest, maybe you could try using the rPac into your Yamaha AS500. By comparing the sound against the Yamaha CD player you might get an idea of what the rPac is capable of.

Ben123

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi ya,

Just recently bought an rpac. I use it mainly for headphone listening which frees up my main dac for my hifi system (the beresford tc-7520).

In a nut shell the beresford is better. Im struggling with the lack of bass on the rpac, although it has plenty of detail and is quite smooth. I tried the rca outs on the rpac on my hifi system and it sounded the same, vocals are forward in the mix and bass is a bit recessed.

As per the previous posted you wont hear what the rpac is capable of using a dock. Connect it to your hifi, then decide.

All the best

Fred24

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
ID and Ben123; thank you for your advice. i feel welcome to the hifi comunity as it is my very first post on the forum :dance:

Yes I have test it via the AS500. i must say the bass was slighlty tighter and there was somehow more seperation in the instruments. But I am goin to return it though as I merely get that effect with the I dec 200.

However I must say when I compare the I deck 200 to a DM38 and Wharfedale 9.1 set up. The ideck 200 performed better in terms of details on the offer. although the dm38 has more power. but the ideck was more articulate especially defining the bass notes very clearly.

In you opinion do think the DAC as this new leading products for digital files make a significant impact on SQ?? because I have only test the rPac. perhaps my expectation has been clouded by what I used to get out of external soundcard. althought they were not HIFI grade. i suspect the DSP within those sound card might lead me into thinking they improved SQ. please comment. :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts