Arcam rDAC trouble with crackling in the right chanel

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
so after a few days of running in my new dac i noticed some very small crackling noise in the right chanel but it would be best noticed when a tune is fadeing out at the end or at the start when its building up so when listening normaly its hardly noticable! so after changeing some cables and diferent sources i got no where and it all leads to the unit itself! question, does anyone else had any problems like that and is there a solution to fix this or should i get my unit replaced as faulty! thanks in advance!

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Have you been able to try it with a different amp? The problem could be downstream of the DAC. If you are certain it's the DAC just take it back and ask for a replacement.

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
no i didnt have a chance to try it with a different amp! im using it with onkyo 608 i think even what hi fi recomended using it with this reciever in one of their issues i suppose they would have mentioned something if it wouldnt be compatable!

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely worth trying a different amplifier and or speakers. Also worth double checking the cables.

Alternatively try a different DAC. If this eliminates the problem and you have no more crackling noises then the rDAC must be at fault.

A

Anonymous

I dont suppose you have a router near your rdac by any chance.

i only ask this as i had same problem with right channel interference with my cambridge audio ipod dac dock i had my router next to it and i noticed this crackling sound in the right speaker,i thought the dac had a problem and was just about to take it back to the shop when i decided to have a move around with my equipment when i noticed that when i moved the router near the ipod dock that the interference got worse so i moved it to the other end of the rack and hay presto no more interference, few no worries about having to travel 15 miles to the shop and getting the i pod dock replaced.

anyway no more waffling just a thought.

regards 80s boy

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
just had my dac connected to my friends home cinema set up and the problem is still there! unless anyone knows if i connected it to my laptop via usb would there may be some software update?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you've gone to enough torture.....bring it back for a replacement....or at the very least, phone Arcam. They are most helpful.

shadders

Hi,

This may seem obvious, have you tried swapping the left and right channel cables on the output of the rDAC.

If the noise now appears in the lef t channel - the right channel of the DAC is the problem.
smiley-sealed.gif

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
thanks everybody for the help nothing seems to help so i will have to contact the seller and see what the options are! thanks again!
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts