Arcam rDAC and CD72?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been looking into getting a DAC for my system in order to feed a new PC through it. I've read about devices from the HRT Streamer II through the DacMagic and up to the Arcam rDAC, which would be at the top of my budget. However, I like the Arcam sound, having used their CD70 player for a good few years now led through their A80 amp. What i'm wondering is, given technology having improved over the past few years, would the rDAC make a difference if I fed my CD70 through it as well as the PC? In short, would the rDAC improve my CD playing, or are they equivalent? I know the obvious answer is to go and test one in a store, but for personal reasons that's difficult and I'd rather know if there's a likely improvement before thinking about going out to listen to one. Thanks.

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Since no-one else fancies this one.... I would say yes, almost definitely you should notice considerable improvement. I haven't heard them I should point out but a secondhand CD72 recently went for £125 on the bay. I have to believe the rDAC with any decent spinner as a transport can beat this.

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Just done a little digging, the specs and measurments of the rDAC are all way ahead of the CD72.. I have changed my opinion... the rDAC will trounce it.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts