Arcam P38 Paired with B&W CM8

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, I am looking for some impartial advice as I am looking to upgrade my system to enhance my CM8's. Currently my set up is Arcam A38, B&W CM8's, Wireless Arcam rdac streaming wirelessly from my Mac in itunes with the music encoded with Lame extreme (High quality MP3's). I have about £1,000 to £1,500 to spend. I was looking at: 1) A wired connection for my rDac possibly Chord optichord. Would this improve quality??2) The Arcam p383) or adding a CD player possible the Naim CD5i or Arcam of some description( any ideas)???. I just wondered if anybody had any views on the above or any other suggestions I should consider. Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi

how do you find CM8 (What Hi Fi? do not want to review them) I am a big fan of B&W 685 paired with Rotel 1520. My room is just 16 square metres and CM8 would be perfect size.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have had them for about 4 weeks now. I originally went into Sevonoaks to listen to the 685 & 684. I thought they were both very impressive. The chap in the shop said the cm8's have just arrived in and would you like to listen to them ( not knowing the price).

After listening and I am by no means an expert, I thought the high range was brilliant picking sounds up which I did not even notice on the 684 and the lower range seemed punchier and tighter. The sensible choice would have been the 684 as they are great speakers, but just got carried away on the day! If they are in your budget I am sure you would not be dissappointed with the CM8's, a very impressive speaker!!

Thanks

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Another speaker to look at/listen to would be the Dali Ikon 6 mk2. I heard it against the CM8, and I found it a lot better. To my ears it was a lot clearer and much more open
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts