Arcam DiVA DV135 DVD & AVR280 AV Reciever ...But what speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently bought an Arcam DV135 and AVR280 reciever. They were a cracking deal for £800 for both, saving me the best part of £1300 on the RRP. As good a deal as his was, they would not have been in my price bracket unless they were so heavily discouted.

I know need to find some speakers that do this system justice but don't break the bank. Can you help?

I will use the system for music as much as AV so they need to be appropriate for that and they need to look good to keep the wife happy.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Yes, a good deal from Superfi for this combo. You did not mention a budget for the speakers, so assuming it is in the range of between £500 - £1000, I would suggest the Q ACOUSTICS 1010i 5.1, KEF KHT3005SE or the QUAD L-ITE.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I use the Monitor Audio Radius R90-AV12 surround package with my AVR280 and Arcam DVD player and it works a treat. There's a new range on the way, as you can read here, so there may be some good discounts on the outgoing version.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
I went with the Quad 12L2's at the front L2 Centre and a Quad L-Ite package for the rear and sub in a 7.1 configuration. You should be able to done this for around £1100 and you can sell the Quad L-ite Centre for £50 to £100 on ebay so £1000

Quad 12L2 £299 (RRP £500)Lintone
Quad 11L2 £249 (RRP £380)Superfi
Quad L2 Centre £249 (RRP £380)Superfi
Quad L-ites £550 (RRP £1000)Rosewood Weymouth hifi
Quad L-ites £595 (RRP £1000)Silver Weymouth hifi

Also have a look at the B&W 685 Theatre system a friend just got them and he realy likes them, not hear it my self but they get good reviews. If this is to costly the Quad L-ites are very good, and you could always upgrade later I did, Hope this helps Gary

PS I only upgraded from the L-ites because I came home drunk one nitet and bid for a L2 Centre on ebay so got the 12L2'sto match but they are very very nice

A

Anonymous

You should also consider the Wharfedale Diamond 9 series. I own the same amp & DVD player as you and the results are superb for the money. You would need at least the Diamond 9.1 for your front speakers as music is important to you, they are more than capable at reproducing the bass meaning you don't need the sub and can use the amp in stereo direct mode. As music is more of a priority to me than films i only have the 9.0 as surrounds but they are visually discrete and surprisingly good, especially considering their size and price! Two tips; biamp the front speakers if you can (read how in the manual) and buy a decent phono cable to allow you to use stereo direct mode on the amp, both will make a significant improvement to the sound quality when listening to music for very little money.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts