Question Arcam CDS 50 and Arcam SA20

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I have recently bought the Arcam kit CDS 50 (CD Player) and Arcam SA20 (Amplifier) and I love the sound it gives me.

I've been to the website, and there are updates to download. I can't find how to use these updates. Has anyone here bought this kit and updated your kit from the web site?

I've been in contact with Richer Sounds, and they are trying to find out for me. But I thought someone here might be able to help

Last edited:
Surely this advice can be found in the user manual or on their FAQ pages
I am pretty sure many of the downloads are for control devices such as your mobile phone or simply information, but could be wrong. However some like the software version for the amp need to be downloaded to a memory stick once this is done you will see a Release Notes file that tells you exactly what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: insider9

Rodentman

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
So sorry I am late to the party here, but I recently returned my SA30 as there was a SW update that simply would not load OTA (over the air...???) Then I was listening, the amp shut down and the upload began. Took 30 minutes and didn't address the issues I and others were having with that unit.

Dealer said Arcam admits SW issues and dealer has suspended all sales of Arcam. I traded mine in for a McIntosh.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Rodentham for your response - I was unable to get the CD player to update from a memory stick. So I attached it to my Wifi and updated that way. Richer Sounds have told me that I should wait until my guarantee is nearly up, and then exchange the CD player.

The SA20 has updated without any problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts