Arcam CD192

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone heard one of these compared to a CD92T? Lintone are selling new ones for £399.95 and I would get £250 for my CD92T which is about 6 years old. This seems like a no-brainer to me.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd definitely go for it! I still run a CD192 in my home reference system (with Primare pre/power and B&W 805 speakers) and it's a terrific-sounding CD player. If you can upgrade for £150, I'd say it's well worth the money.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Has anyone heard one of these compared to a CD92T? Lintone are selling new ones for £399.95 and I would get £250 for my CD92T which is about 6 years old. This seems like a no-brainer to me.

I haven't heard one, but if you can get £250 for yours, like you said, no brainer.

Although I was nearly tempted by the CD36 before I finally weened myself off the idea of CDs... Only 3 stars from WHF at its original price, but by all accounts, a distinctly better player than the 192, and at 689, another no-brainer.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fr0g:JoelSim:Has anyone heard one of these compared to a CD92T? Lintone are selling new ones for £399.95 and I would get £250 for my CD92T which is about 6 years old. This seems like a no-brainer to me.

I haven't heard one, but if you can get £250 for yours, like you said, no brainer.

Although I was nearly tempted by the CD36 before I finally weened myself off the idea of CDs... Only 3 stars from WHF at its original price, but by all accounts, a distinctly better player than the 192, and at 689, another no-brainer.

I think the missus would go bananas if I spent much as I promised not to spend any more for a couple of years and she doesn't like me much at the moment anyway.

The other thing is I have a bespoke rack so I need exactly the same dimensions and a silver Arcam finish to match the rest of my kit, I may even be able to sneak it in under cover of darkness if I'm clever...

Andy, have you ever compared the two players?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:I'd definitely go for it! I still run a CD192 in my home reference system (with Primare pre/power and B&W 805 speakers) and it's a terrific-sounding CD player. If you can upgrade for £150, I'd say it's well worth the money.
Andy, how much better id the Arcam CD192 over the Arcam 73? or does anybody else know?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
The other thing is I have a bespoke rack so I need exactly the same dimensions and a silver Arcam finish to match the rest of my kit, I may even be able to sneak it in under cover of darkness if I'm clever...

Say no more ;)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fr0g:JoelSim:

Say no more ;)

Yes I blame the fella from hifiracks.co.uk for making all my stuff fit perfectly when in actual fact I wanted a rack that looked stupid but would upgrade ;-)

In response to 73 vs 192, I can't comment exactly but the 92 is a decent improvement so I guess the 192 will be even better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts