Arcam CD192 not recognising CDs - Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi peeps, welcome to the weekend.

Has anyone had this problem with an Arcam CD192. It takes quite a few seconds to recognise disks, with an audible 'tick' halfway through the process. Recently I bought Mogwai's new one, played it, all well and fine - though it now sticks on 'loading'. If I move track forwards it sometimes kickstarts into life, and if I leave it after a minute or two, starts. It will also not tolerate several other CDs in my collection I have tried so far.

I note the Cyrus perceived error but size of discs, cleanliness etc. is not an issue. I've cleaned discs and the laser with an audio CD cleaner, and Densen DeMagic for good measure.....

Any help or comments appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Joel - how long does loading take? My CD93 was almost instantaneous......

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Quite a while. My CD92 was fast, the 192 is slow, maybe 5 seconds or more. I noticed a big difference, but it's never failed to load a disk.

ÿ

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Only ever had a problem with one disc, The D4's album 6twenty which had multimedia content, wouldn't load with SID (sound improvement disc) but was ok without it. Otherwise all cd's and cd-r's have been fine

A

Anonymous

Thanks for help. Looks like a warranty issue then.........
emotion-6.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
My player also takes a while to load discs, and I had been worried that this was unusual, but I guess not from what's been said in this thread.

It doesn't have any problems recognising discs though, only issue I have with mine is that the CD Text can be a bit messed up. Not sure whether this is the player or the disc though, and not a great worry really.

A

Anonymous

Thaks bigblue - I have got one of the offending discs to play just by leaving it alone. It takes about a minute but gets there. The other is no show, but I'm busy going through my collection to find out which ones - it might take some time [800 or so!]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts