ARCAM CD192 / A90 Amp - Floorstanding Speakers to match?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Igglebert for the quick reply.

I've not auditioned any MA's yet - do you know how these compare with the likes of B&W's 704s OR RUARK Talisman IIIs.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

No problem. I haven't heard either of those speakers I'm afraid. I suggested the GS20s because they're floorstanders and bright in sound which would suit the Arcam.

Why not try some stand mount speakers? I have heard the Dynaudio Audience 52s (£600) and Dynaudio Focus 110s (£800). Both were very good, but the latter was superb. They're 173 x 305 x 285 (WxHxL) in size and produce a breathtaking depth of sound that belies their dimensions (in the extreme!). They're hard to drive though at 4ohms / 85dB, but I think the A90 has enough power to do a good job. Worth an afternoon in a hifi shop to try them....

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've not auditioned any senior MA speakers either but i know the B&W 704's match the Arcam amp and CD player very nicely.

What kind of budget are you looking at as i could also recommend the B&W CM7 speakers too. These are fantastic and work very well with the Arcam A90 amp and CD192 CD Player.

B&W seem to have a v good relationship with Arcam seperates. The A90 gives a good tight bass range, good midrange and crisp treble. However as the mag says, the A90 can seem a little vague sometimes, i nearly went for an A90 amp set-up but having had the Arcam Alpha 9 & 10 amps before, i went back to the Alpha 9.

I've got Acoustic Energy AESprit 309 floorstanders currently with my Arcam Alpha 9 amp set up along with my Arcam 9 CD player and theyre fantastic (also for sale... Cheap punt i know haha...)

Like you though i'm looking to go back to B&W speakers for this system.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I'e got an Arcam FMJ (bi amped with a Primare 30.2) and B&W 804 speakers. They work really well together - very precise, clear and great soundstage. If you can' t stretch to these the newer 6 series appear to be based on the 800 technology and have been getting great reviews.

Hope this helps

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts