Arcam AV888

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there any recent news from Arcam regarding the certain date of release for the 888 ?

Also, to AVR600 owners, although I've read some glowing (surface) reviews, I've also noticed the odd murmur and mention of bugs, although nothing very specific - can anyone elaborate and give a decent user feedback ...?

Much appreciated,

Steve. 

A

Anonymous

SC:
Is there any recent news from Arcam regarding the certain date of release for the 888 ?

It's started to ship. Some dealers how have demo stock and it's in the hands of some customers reading reports on other forums.

Dasp

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Our dem AV888 and P777 is currently sitting in our dem room, it's just unfortunate that we just haven't had time to try them out yet! I believe the next batch of stock for those who haven't yet had their order fulfilled is coming through in about 3 weeks.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Just saw an ad for the AV888/P777 combo in this month's issue. Not that I would ever be allowed to purchase such a combo, but has it been reviewed or is there any plan to give it an "ultimate kit" review? It looks pretty slick. Has anyone had any practical experience? Does it have the same bugs as the AVR600?

Ta

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We had the 888/777 combination running in our main AV demo room for our open day a few weeks ago - those that attended would've heard it in full swing with a KEF Reference setup comprising 207/2, 202/2c, 201/2, 208/2......yum yum!!

If you didn't attend - shame!!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
who has the time to go to Coventry?! (although I did spend several minutes there twice today, without disembarking the pendalino - a poor man's Shinkansen).

Is it the best AV amp solution ever, or just very good for the money?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
All of our satisfied customers
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

SC:Also, to AVR600 owners, although I've read some glowing (surface) reviews, I've also noticed the odd murmur and mention of bugs, although nothing very specific - can anyone elaborate and give a decent user feedback ...

I love the AVR600!! There has been lots of talk of the amp popping, locking and so on, but as yet (touch wood) I've had no such issues.I had a small delay with audio from Sky returning after pausing, but that has fixed itself somehow. I replaced the AVR350 with this monster, and it has brought a whole new dimension to my movie watching and given my B&Ws a whole new lease of life. When I got the AVR350, I was replacing a Marantz hifi set up and a Sony 'Cinema in a Box', to go for a one system does all, the only thing I was never 100% happy with, although good, was the stereo sound. The AVR600 has given me my 'hifi' sound back, for a AV it is so musical, and I'm using my DV137 to spin CD's. The only thing it needs is a Arcam BluRay...........................

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 777/888 is a real step up from the AVR600 - Arcam would have a major problem if it was just a little bit better than the AVR600. As for the best on the market, I would personally say that the Anthem D2v / P5 combination is a better combination but it is much more expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts