Arcam Alpha vs Arcam Diva amps. difference

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I sold my Arcam Alpha 7R amp because of upgrade. I want a similar sounding amp (musical, emotional sounding with SWEET treble, lacking any harshness), but with more detail. What do you think Arcam Diva A 65 plus can be this kind of amplifier?

M y budget is max. 160 pound, so I can buy only used amplifier .

Thank you for response

Tibor said:
I sold my Arcam Alpha 7R amp because of upgrade. I want a similar sounding amp (musical, emotional sounding with SWEET treble, lacking any harshness), but with more detail. What do you think Arcam Diva A 65 plus can be this kind of amplifier?

M y budget is max. 160 pound, so I can buy only used amplifier .

Thank you for response

The A65+ retains Arcam's familiar sound: Smooth and inoffensive. Both wonderful for long listening sessions. The A65 does have more transparency and better defined detail. The difference isn't night and day. For me the Alpha's achilles heel was slightly iffy volume control knob and mode selector, which went on mine. As the A65 is newer it's worth bearing in mind.

But if you're looking for a substantial improvement on both you need to look at Creek Evo 1 or 2.. But, of course, that'll mean upping your budget a little more (assuming you can find one).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts