arcam alpha+ how good

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah the Alpha + is past its best now sorry to say.

The marantz is good but i'd say that the later Arcam Alpha amps (Alpha 9 and Alpha 10) are hell of alot better, more so if youre after that 'Arcam' sound

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Alpha CD playerzzzzzzzzzzzz. Marantz or Cambridge will knock it into a cocked hat. Marantz best deal at the moment (though ugly, if you ask me).[/quote]

Wash you mouth out Mr D, Arcam rulezzzzz is what you meant to say, although the Alpha + is somewhat old now and would be beaten by many a new budget player probs.

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Alpha CD playerzzzzzzzzzzzz. Marantz or Cambridge will knock it into a cocked hat. Marantz best deal at the moment (though ugly, if you ask me).[/quote]

Wash you mouth out Mr D, Arcam rulezzzzz is what you meant to say, although the Alpha + is somewhat old now and would be beaten by many a new budget player probs.[/quote]

You'll notice I said Alpha CD Players - 5, 5+, 7, 8 (in my experience, I think those were the numbers). I found the 72 ok but bettered by the Rega and Rotel equivalents, but I thought the 192 (is that right - the dearest one?) was really rather good.

A

Anonymous

I have to say that the Rotel RCD-1070 that I own, trounced all competition when I auditioned it, and that included an Arcam CD82.

TRENDING THREADS