Arcam Alpha 7/8 or Rotel RA-02/03

tjo

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello to everybody

I am a newbee here and just about to build my first hi-fi. I started with buying a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS1 speakers. I am now after a decent used integrated amplifier. I spotted a statedly as new basically unused Arcam Alpha 8 and on the other hand an as-well 'as new mint' described Rotel RA-02. Similarly priced.

I plan to do in the future a multi-room set up hence up to four pairs of speakers. Therefore after having bought the integrated amplifiers I will also buy a power amp. With RA-02 an Rotel RB-03 in mint as new condition is offered whereas for the Alpha 8 I guess I would need a Alpha 8 or 9 power amp but there are so many on the second hand market that I guess that would not be a problem. Can you guys give me a few pointers

Also if anyone can advise me if the later Arcams (the Diva series A65 etc.) are as good or better/worse than the Alphas? I've been said the real thing is the Delta290 but since it is pretty old one has to make sure it has been properly serviced.

Many thanks in advance for any advise.

Cheers

Tom

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
tjo said:
Hello to everybody

I am a newbee here and just about to build my first hi-fi. I started with buying a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS1 speakers. I am now after a decent used integrated amplifier. I spotted a statedly as new basically unused Arcam Alpha 8 and on the other hand an as-well 'as new mint' described Rotel RA-02. Similarly priced.

I plan to do in the future a multi-room set up hence up to four pairs of speakers. Therefore after having bought the integrated amplifiers I will also buy a power amp. With RA-02 an Rotel RB-03 in mint as new condition is offered whereas for the Alpha 8 I guess I would need a Alpha 8 or 9 power amp but there are so many on the second hand market that I guess that would not be a problem. Can you guys give me a few pointers

Also if anyone can advise me if the later Arcams (the Diva series A65 etc.) are as good or better/worse than the Alphas? I've been said the real thing is the Delta290 but since it is pretty old one has to make sure it has been properly serviced.

Many thanks in advance for any advise.

Cheers

Tom

I replaced my Arcam Alpha 7R with Arcam Diva A 65+ amp. The Diva range offer more detail and openess, tha Alpha offer stronger bass (just a little), but both are very good amps. For me Diva range is better, is nor so dark sounding like Alpha range.

Rotel 01 or 02 are faster, punchier sounding amps than Arcams.

TRENDING THREADS