matthewpiano

Firstly, no I'm not interested in buying one! I'm posting purely out of general interest.

I notice Arcam are launching a £3,500 'super amp' which looks like it is built in the casework of their AV receivers. I have also read (in HFC) that the company no longer manufactures in the UK and that the top-end products are now made in the USA, which would seem a strange move to make. Thoughts?

matthewpiano

Thanks - missed that one!

I'm not sure it looks like a £3k+ amp visually, but I'm sure it would be interesting to hear it.

I am left wondering why they are making them in the USA. Who owns Arcam these days? Why not build the flagship stuff here in the UK?

manicm

Has been kept all very hush hush, in fact no trace of it on the Arcam website, but Arcam since 2012 has now been owned by Jam - a Canadian based company. I believe they have quarters in the US too hence the A49 being made there.

I've also been wondering why the Solo range has received no love - the Solo Mini is now 6 years old - but a UK dealer told me to 'watch this space'.

manicm

spiny norman said:
manicm said:
Has been kept all very hush hush, in fact no trace of it on the Arcam website, but Arcam since 2012 has now been owned by Jam - a Canadian based company. I believe they have quarters in the US too hence the A49 being made there.

It's not exactly a huge secret

I did mention Jam if you noticed, but Arcam kept it quiet, and there wasn't much press coverage of it either, if at all, if you compare to the Naim/Focal merger for example.

TRENDING THREADS