Arcam a29/kef ls50, But which dac?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Since we are in the arcam/kef talks, i will continue here.

I have decided for the arcam a29/kef ls50 combination, but which dac should i choose? And what cable for connecting dac to amp, would you recommend? im thinking about the irdac?

I primarily listen to tidal hifi from my computer via usb, sometimes bluetooth, so maybe i should also buy the rblink, any thoughts on that?

Regards Christian

iceman16

Chr78 said:
Since we are in the arcam/kef talks, i will continue here.

I have decided for the arcam a29/kef ls50 combination, but which dac should i choose? And what cable for connecting dac to amp, would you recommend? im thinking about the irdac?

I primarily listen to tidal hifi from my computer via usb, sometimes bluetooth, so maybe i should also buy the rblink, any thoughts on that?

Regards Christian

If your pc and bluetooth are only your source I would suggest the Chord gem(second hand) but it does'nt have any other inputs apart from usb and bluetooth.

iceman16

Im looking aswell for a dac that would tick all boxes like bluetooth/usb/optical/coax but could'nt find for a budget. The only dac I can see is a one of top range from Chord electronics but way beyond budget.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
the ir dac has coaxal 1-2, inputs 2 optical inputs , analoge inputs L-R , usb input ,apple usb connector , usb class 1 -2 switch . and uses a blur brown dac which you will see in some of there top cd playes . costs £400 - £425 i have mine running on the cord company analoge cobra interconnecters ,cobra coaxal working on a marantz cd 6005 which i think is well worth the money . hope this helps

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Im looking aswell for a dac that would tick all boxes like bluetooth/usb/optical/coax but could'nt find for a budget.

I've got one.

Bluetooth/optical x 2/USB type A/USB type B/co-ax/analogue RCA x 2/ 1/4" front panel mounted headphone socket and remote control. It also has digital and analogue outputs and a built-in pre-amp with Alps volume control (for use with power amps or active speakers).

The problem is that it costs £600 and all comes attached to a really good 45 wpc, class A/B, integrated Quad amplifier :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
iceman16 said:
Im looking aswell for a dac that would tick all boxes like bluetooth/usb/optical/coax but could'nt find for a budget.

I've got one.

Bluetooth/optical x 2/USB type A/USB type B/co-ax/analogue RCA x 2/ 1/4" front panel mounted headphone socket and remote control. It also has digital and analogue outputs and a built-in pre-amp with Alps volume control (for use with power amps or active speakers).

The problem is that it costs £600 and all comes attached to a really good 45 wpc, class A/B, integrated Quad amplifier :)

That is a big DAC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts