Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

here is my current srtup:

1. Denon PMA-250SE,

2. Marantz CD63SE

3. Musical fidelity - X-10D, Nordost Black Knight flatline ,Cabletalk

4.ALR Jordan Entry 5M

Plan to upgrade this vintage set with a stronger amplifier. What would you recommend: Arcam A28, Naim Naint 5i, Rotel RA 1520? What would be the next upgrade step? Speakers? And what would you recommend?

My favourite music is Hip Hop (bass needs to be heard) Electronic (Simian Mobile Disco). Indie is often heard at my house as well.

A

Anonymous

How much is your budget for amp and possibly speakers? Ideally you want to hear them together to ensure good synergy. How big is the room?

A

Anonymous

Room is 22 sq m. Budget for amp is 1000 Euro, for speakers likewise.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Id go second hand if i were you.

Ive owned the Arcam A22 which is the (much)older top of the range Arcam amp with 100w/ch i think it was. Not a very powerful sounding amp with poor bass performance and its electronic protection circuitry would kick in all to easily.

I also owned a Rotel RA 1060 which is the 1052's predecessor with the same 60w/ch. This is a modest rating an actually puts out 90w/ch and is a very nice amp. A friend of mine bought this off me and drives some Kef referance speakers with it.

But for 1000euro used, you could buy a krell Kav 300i or 300iL. Both in a different league to anything new for 1000euro.

Have a look around on the internet and shops used or ex demo sections.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts