Arcam A19 and NAD CD or Audio Lab 8200 dilema

millgate1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am a new member and am just about to purchase a new hi fi separates set up and would appreciate your view on the following.
I already have sonos and the connect and will be linking up the new hi fi to it. I am running with the Arcam A19 and I will also get my collection of CD’s onto flac / lossless and run back off a NAS drive but I still want the facility to play CD’s but don’t want to pay a fortune for a CD player.
I have come to the conclusion to run a reasonable CD through a good quality DAC but am undecided on the following 2 basic options.
A NAD C516BEE CD or should I spend the extra on the NAD C546BEE CD and run this through an Arcam iRDAC
OR... splash out on an audiolab 8200C and dump the iRDAC as this already has a very competent DAC with more or less the same inputs excluding the BT line that is.
Does anyone have any experience of the NAD’s run through the Arcam A 19 and their compatibility.
I have to say I heard the Audiolab 8200 with A19 and BX5’s and it sounded pretty good to me?
Thanks

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the Audio lab I have one with the Arc am A19 and it makes a great combo.
I have not had any of the issues given and I think you will find that most problems were a while ago.

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I would always suggest listening to equipment before committing to buying but if you have a blueray player, just hook that up to the dac. Afterall, the dac is what you hear, not the disc spinner!

millgate1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your comments i have had a look at the 8200 neg comments but think i am still reasonably convinced that is a good match for the A19. Certainly sounds so much better than the NAD.

Blue ray player is a good idea but i want to keep the Lounge for sound (TV is banished from this room)and keep the TV in the Family room. Otherwise a good shout.

Unless someone can recommend a better CD match for the A19 i think i am going to run with the Audiolab 8200.

Thanks again for your helpful comments.

R

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
At the price point you will not find a better match IMO as I said I have both and am very satisfied. As a matter of interest I have MA RX6 speakers in my set up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts